It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
(female)

gvbest2 HB User
Lightbulb what's the lump near my breast

i have a lump i guess its like a bump its on my right side but i dont know what it is i always wondered and just was thinking about and worried its cancer;Breast

Last edited by gvbest2; 03-17-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: what's the lump near my breast

gv2,
you say you have a lump by the "side" of your breast. I do too. multiple ones. I've had them for about two years now. I even had a breast specialtist surgeon look at it and he said it's just part of the breast tissue.
BUT..... my gyno who I had a yearly exam with told me to get an ultra sound performed on my right breast because I mentioned to her it feels strange, dense and painful at times.
I'm not cycling anymore because i'm in surgical menopause and on estrogen patches. the older we become, the breast tissue changes.
anyway,
while i was on the exam table getting the ultra sound performed, she said there was nothing in the breast she could see, then I told her along the far edge of the breast, almost ontop of the ribcage, where a mammorgram would be impossible to scoop up that part of the flesh between the plates on the machine, she finally saw what I was feeling.
she then proceeded to take multiple pictures.
I recieved a phone call from my gyno two days later and she told me JUST to make sure, I should go and see a surgeon, a breast specialtist surgeon to get an evaluation to see if it should be biopsied.
mine are small, less than 1cm. They are lymph nodes, not masses, which is a difference I guess.
BUT, enlarged lymph nodes can be enlarged for many reasons.
Mostly because of benign reasons. they're only doing their job of filtering out bad stuff.

how long have you had the lump there? what does it feel like? is it rubbery and movable? how large is it approx.?
do you have a family history of breast and colon cancer in your family which would make you a risk.
even though people who've been diagnosed with breast cancer have never had a family history, they still ask if you have any close members with it.
I do. both of my sisters have had breast cancer, plus my father died of colon cancer. we have a lumpy, bumpy family history, LOL
nothing to joke around about, but I'm trying to make you less nervous.

anytime you feel a lump in the breast, they say you should get it examined by your doctor. If I were you, I'd call your gyno to give you an exam.

Do you get yearly mammo's? how old are you if I may ask?

I really gave a lengthy reply to your message. Hope you get it.

sincerely,

Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #3
(female)

gvbest2 HB User
Re: what's the lump near my breast

i am young is all, i dont think i have any cancer but its werid.i don't know how long i have it.you can't see it but it feels like a little little bump like when a person gets hurt.it's not large at all it's tiny and thank you for the help.

Closed Thread