It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
(female)

nanceetrip HB User
My tests show NOTHING! but lump is there!!

It has my gyno concerned. So they want to do an mri, mammogram-clear, sonogram-clear, the radiologist came in and did it himself cause the tech was confused, you can feel!! The lump but it it isn't showing up! What could it be?? Anyone with experience with this, please reply i beg you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
(female)

Run262 HB User
Re: My tests show NOTHING! but lump is there!!

I can't tell you what it is, but what I can tell you is that you are doing the right thing - KEEP LOOKING and don't stop until you have an answer. After the tests you describe above STILL show nothing and you/doctors can still feel the lump - have someone biopsy it for crying out loud...that's what they are going to do ANYWAY, even if the MRI shows something. You might even just want to say, "look enough with the expensive tests, someone biopsy the damn thing, let's get an answer!"

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Well,

I agree with the previous poster and I say that because I had the same problem. I could feel the lump, felt it everyday when I took a shower. Primary Care could not feel it, never mentioned it to my ob/gyn, however, I did mention it when I went for my mammogram. Had the usual mammo views and than I had an ultasound done and report was negative. The radiologist did mention that I could feel the lump, but nothing was showing up. Well my ob/gyn takes no chances so he insisted that I be seen in the Breast Clinic immediately. (strong family history of bc) Surgeon mentioned that he felt a small thickness however, he was not concerned and wanted to wait six months.

I played the six months game, lump was still there and I felt that it was beginning to change in size and I also thought that I could feel a smaller lump developing beside the larger one. The surgeon still was not concerned. At this point, I insisted that a biopsy be performed. Since the surgeon could not feel the lump, he could not do a needle biopsy, so he had to bring me into the OR and do an open biopsy. Well, there in fact was a mass and a second one growing right beside it. The surgeon ended up doing a lumpectomy because of the size and when the pathology came back a week later it showed that I had atypical hyperplasia located in three different locations within that mass. The mass was typed at estrogen positive so I was referred to an oncologist who put me on tamoxafin. I took this medication for 9 months but had to stop because of some severe side effects.

So get a referral from you gyn doctor for an appointment with a breast surgeon. If you can feel it than you know it is there. Tell this doctor that you no longer want it there and to please remove it. Some of these doctors are concerned because you will have a scar and I guess some women do not like scars on their breasts. I told my surgeon that I was not using my breasts for employment, however, I am a mother to a young child who I would like to see her through school, watch her walk down the aisle and hopefully help her care for my grandchildren.

Insist on a biopsy and do not stop until you get what you want!!!

Let us know how you do.

Last edited by shisslak; 03-27-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #4
(female)

nanceetrip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
Well,

I agree with the previous poster and I say that because I had the same problem. I could feel the lump, felt it everyday when I took a shower. Primary Care could not feel it, never mentioned it to my ob/gyn, however, I did mention it when I went for my mammogram. Had the usual mammo views and than I had an ultasound done and report was negative. The radiologist did mention that I could feel the lump, but nothing was showing up. Well my ob/gyn takes no chances so he insisted that I be seen in the Breast Clinic immediately. (strong family history of bc) Surgeon mentioned that he felt a small thickness however, he was not concerned and wanted to wait six months.

I played the six months game, lump was still there and I felt that it was beginning to change in size and I also thought that I could feel a smaller lump developing beside the larger one. The surgeon still was not concerned. At this point, I insisted that a biopsy be performed. Since the surgeon could not feel the lump, he could not do a needle biopsy, so he had to bring me into the OR and do an open biopsy. Well, there in fact was a mass and a second one growing right beside it. The surgeon ended up doing a lumpectomy because of the size and when the pathology came back a week later it showed that I had atypical hyperplasia located in three different locations within that mass. The mass was typed at estrogen positive so I was referred to an oncologist who put me on tamoxafin. I took this medication for 9 months but had to stop because of some severe side effects.

So get a referral from you gyn doctor for an appointment with a breast surgeon. If you can feel it than you know it is there. Tell this doctor that you no longer want it there and to please remove it. Some of these doctors are concerned because you will have a scar and I guess some women do not like scars on their breasts. I told my surgeon that I was not using my breasts for employment, however, I am a mother to a young child who I would like to see her through school, watch her walk down the aisle and hopefully help her care for my grandchildren.

Insist on a biopsy and do not stop until you get what you want!!!

Let us know how you do.
I AM SOOOO SORRY ABOUT YOUR RESULTS, IT ****** AMAZES ME THAT THEY WOULD TREAT YOU SO INDIFFERENTLY WHEN YOU HAVE A STRONG FAMILY HISTORY OF BREAST CANCER!! THEY AMAZE ME! I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS AND REMARKS FOR YOU, FIRST I WILL REVEAL MY RESULTS, WHICH MAY ANGER OR MAKE THE WOMEN WHO HAVE RESPONDED SO KINDLY TO ME, NOT FEEL TOO MUCH SYMPATHY FOR ME, AFTER WHAT THEY'VE ENDURED, AND STILL DO!!! I DON'T BLAME THEM. IN 1989, I HAD A BREAST AUGMENTATION. ALL WENT FANTASTIC, THEY LASTED 17 YEARS! THEN SUDDENLY, ONE OF THEM, MY LEFT, THE ONE WITH THE LUMP, STARTED TO HARDEN, SO IN 2005, I HAD TO HAVE THEM RE-DONE. WELL, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS, NOW THE NEWER, FAR SUPERIOR (ALL THE DOCTORS I HAVE SEEN HAVE REMARKED WHAT FINE QUALITY THE IMPLANT IS, THE REAL FEEL, HOW THEY CAN SEE RIGHT THRU THEM DURING X-RAYS, ETC..) WEEELLL, THESE NEW ONES, ONLY A FEW YEARS OLD, THAT MY PLASTIC SURGEON SAID WOULD LAST ME TO THE GRAVE, WELL, APPARENTLY, A SUTURE, OR A FEW, SOMETHING!!! CAME LOOSE, AND MY IMPLANT HAS "WORKED ITS WAY OUT" TO RIGHT UNDER THE SKIN. I ASKED HIM, JUST DAYS AGO WHEN I SAW HIM, "ARE YOU SURE? ITS SO HARD!" HE SAID, YES THAT COULD BE THAT HARD. I'M NOT SURE. HE IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF "THE GOD COMPLEX" IN SURGEONS/DOCTORS, VERY ARROGANT BECAUSE HE IS INDEED A RENOWNED PLASTIC SURGEON, I GOT HIM DUE TO AN EMERGENCY WITH MY SELECTED SURGEON. HE ENDED UP DOING IT BECAUSE HIS SCHEDULE WASN'T SO FULLY BOOKED BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST (I WENT TO THE CLEVELAND CLINIC) HE DOESN'T LIKE DOING STRICTLY COSMETIC PROCEDURES, HE DOES THE "SUPER-FINE" SURGERIES FOR PEOPLE WITH SERIOUS INJURIES, ETC...THE REAL INTRICATE WORK. WELL, HE ACTED LIKE HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO TALK MUCH ABOUT IT (WHY? IN MY OPINION ITS BECAUSE HE CAN'T ADMIT SOMEWHERE DURING MY SURGERY, HE WASN'T "GOD"!! AS HE USUALLY IS. NOW, I HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE, NOTHING COMPARED TO THE WOMEN ON THIS SITE, I CALL ALL OF YOU "SUPERWOMEN", AND I MEAN IT!! ANYWAY, I WAS MARRIED THEN, AND MY HUSBANDS INSURANCE COMPANY PAID FOR THE "RE-AUGMENTATION". NOW WE ARE DIVORCED, AND I AM DISABLED DUE TO MY CROHNS, AND I NOW FOR A FACT THAT MEDICARE WILL ONLY!! PAY FOR THE IMPLANT TO BE REMOVED! BUT THEY WILL NOT PAY THE EXTRA MONEY IT TAKES (MORE SURGEON TIME, OPER. ROOM TIME, ANESTHESIA, YOU NAME IT!) SO, UNLESS, HE CAN SOMEHOW WORK AROUND IT, WORK IT SOMEHOW, I'M GOING TO HAVE ONE BREAST SIZE B, AND ONE SIZE C. I CERTAINLY DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT. BUT I DON'T HAVE CANCER!! SO WHO AM I TO COMPLAIN--AT ALL!!?? NOW, MY QUESTIONS (1) HOW DID YOUR BREAST LOOK AFTER THE LUMPECTOMY? HOW PAINFUL WAS IT? HOW ARE YOU DOING NOW? I HOPE YOU ARE DOING OK, BETTER THAN OK, AND TRULY APPRECIATE YOU REPLYING, ESPECIALLY WITH MY MINOR ISSUES AND YOUR MAJOR? SEMI-MAJOR? MAIL ME WHAT YOU CAN, I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL, GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR STRENGTH. AND I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT, NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY, I HAVE TO DEMAND THEY ADDRESS THIS AND I MEAN SOON! BEFORE IT GETS EVEN BIGGER, THE IMPLANT BREAKS FROM BEING SQUEEZED, ETC...I HAVE TO DEMAND, I DON'T AGREE, AND THIS IS WHAT I WANT. MAIL ME BACK WHEN AND IF YOU CAN, AND I PRAY FOR THE BEST FOR YOU, FOR ALL OF YO WHO MAY READ THIS, HOW-DO-YOU- DO IT!!?? THE STRENGTH--I ADMIRE SO MUCH. I'VE WENT THRU ALOT WITH MY CROHNS, 30 YRS!!! AND I KNOW TOO MUCH AND HAVE BEEN THRU TOO MUCH THAT MY STRENGTH AND CALM AND OPTIMISM IS JUST DEPLETED!! I JUST CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE. YOU'D THINK I'D BE SUPER STRONG, BUT I'M EXHAUSTED, SO MANY TEST, LITERALLY HUNDREDS! NO EXAGGERATION--30 YRS!! SO MANY PROCEDURES AND BAD TEST RESULTS, I JUST DON'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE QUALITIES LEFT! PEOPLE LIKE YOU THOUGH, YOU HELP FILL IT. I NEED TO BE REMINDED TO BE STRONG!! AND YOU PLEASE STAY STRONG, AND THANK YOU AND ALL THE WOMEN ON THIS SITE FOR THE HELP. IT GOT ME THRU ALOT, luv from nance, and prayer and good wishes.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

You are stronger than you think!!! I personally do not look at things women do in the past. Many women get breast augmentation, if they did not than we would not have as many plastic surgeon gods in this country. Check that divorce decree, here in MA if the wife was originally on her husbands health insurance, than part of the divorce decree is that the husband still must maintain health insurance for the wife. The other suggestion I have is to seek out some legal advice, maybe with the threat of legal action, maybe this plastic surgeon will get his head out of the clouds and redo the procedure to correct his error. You can also report him to your state medical board. Having a complain on a public record will hurt this doctor's practice and again he may be willing to correct the error if you did not report him.

Just some suggestions. Keep you chin up, this is a great board to help you through some tough times. You also can get some really good sound advice from members who have been there and can relate to your situation.

Lets us know who you are doing.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
(female)

nanceetrip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
You are stronger than you think!!! I personally do not look at things women do in the past. Many women get breast augmentation, if they did not than we would not have as many plastic surgeon gods in this country. Check that divorce decree, here in MA if the wife was originally on her husbands health insurance, than part of the divorce decree is that the husband still must maintain health insurance for the wife. The other suggestion I have is to seek out some legal advice, maybe with the threat of legal action, maybe this plastic surgeon will get his head out of the clouds and redo the procedure to correct his error. You can also report him to your state medical board. Having a complain on a public record will hurt this doctor's practice and again he may be willing to correct the error if you did not report him.

Just some suggestions. Keep you chin up, this is a great board to help you through some tough times. You also can get some really good sound advice from members who have been there and can relate to your situation.

Lets us know who you are doing.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR BEING COMPASSIONATE ON SOMETHING SO...INSIGNIFICANT COMPARED TO WHAT THE OTHER WOMEN ARE ENDURING. I'M SAVING YOUR MESSAGE CAUSE IT WAS GOOD ADVICE AND I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT!!! I SENT HIM A LETTER JUST TODAY, AND I HOPE IT HAS SOME EFFECT. THANK YOU, I WILL LET YOU KNOW THE RESULT, AND AS FOR YOU, I HOPE YOU ARE DOING OK, YOU'RE NOT ON THIS SITE FOR NO REASON, GOD BLESS YOU, I HOPE AND PRAY THE BEST FOR YOU. THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES FOR THE ADVICE, nancee

Closed Thread