It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
(female)

chris603 HB User
breast lumps with pain

I have lumps with pain in my right breast and now its moving into the armpit as well as causing numbing and dull heavy aching down my right arm I have had a needle biopsy and ultrasounds as well as a MRI with contrast the only answer they keep giving me is dense breast tissue. The pain has gotten to the point its effecting my life cause Im so frustrated. Ive gone to 3 dr's and they havent done anything they dont want to treat the pain with pain medication cause I havent met a dr yet that will prescribe pain meds for treatment but yet they have no plan for treatment for this. So I guess we just suffer in pain. . I have been going through this for over a year now. I have read that dense breast tissue can lead to more aggressive breast cancers my mother has been diagnossed with breast cancer so I guess in my case its just sit in pain till it becomes breast cancer then they will treat it? I dont know what to do but recently I have been refered to a pain clinic and the dr there believes the lumps in my breast are putting pressure on certain nerves that run down my arm she has tried me on a nerve blicker says if that relieves any of the discomfort in the arm that she will be sending me to a nueroligist but my question is has anyone gone through this and after I do go to the nuerologist and they say yes thats whats happening then what do I do next. wait till its becomes cancer then remove it???????????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
(female)

Helenitta HB User
Re: breast lumps with pain

I am sorry to read all this
I can't help you as I know nothing about the issue but if there is a treatment NOW, go for it no matter what! Why wait till it becomes WORSE then treat yourself. I am not sure if I got it right but if you should see a doctor to prescribe pain meds, then see one (or even two - just to compare the treatments suggested).
I hope you find a solution to this asap!!!
i really hate this thing that we, females, have to face with breasts! - CANCER!!!!!
I have pain under my left breast (where the iron of a bra would rest that is). If I don't touch it, it doesn't hurt though i know there's something there. It's not a lump and there's the same thing under my right breast but it doesn't hurt there. So, i don't know what it could be.. I am lost too... it's been few months this has come to my notice.. I feel it msotly when I lay down and rest my head on my left hand (like u'd be watching TV for instance) but will definitely have it checked out if it stays there. the mere thought of what could be worse scares me!!
Take care!! Hope someone out there will be helpful...

Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
(male)

diamonddog222 HB User

I am a male, and my fiance has had a mammogram recently. It showed a change in shape from a recent 1, so a needle biopsy is scheduled for next week. The last couple of days she has had much more pain, which concerns me. A female friend of mine said her doctor told her that having pain was usually a good sign, at least regarding whether the mass is malignant or not the lump is benign or malignant. Her doctor told her that benign lumps are generally painful and malignant lumps are not usually very painful. Can anyone offer any personal opinion based on ur own experience? We are both very concerned about this, and I guess I'm just looking for any possible good news before the biopsy.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Last July 2008,almost a year ago I had a cyst in my left breast aspirated. It came up out of no where. I had a mammogram in May and in June I felt a lump the size of a decent size grape. I tried not to freak out. I told myself I have always had lumpy breasts and cyst with every mammogram each year. I think this one was there for awhile but just really grew quick in early summer. Most of the times they dissolve back into your body. Sometimes they don't and require aspiration. It's very common with women over 40. Well I guess you can be young too. Anyhow...I was lucky that mine was just a common cyst.

All this to say...I have a nice long chat with the Breast surgeon who did this. He said not to worry...He did mention pain most of the time doesn't mean cancer. He said women have lumpy breasts alot. Alot of times it is fibrocystic tissue that has glands that swell monthly. That's where we get the sore tender breasts. Sometimes it's REAL painful. The one thing that has helped me get rid of my cysts is to cut out pop and coffee. The doctor told me that too. Plus I just started bioidentical hormone creams about a month ago. When my hormones where off my breasts hurt alot. I have noticed a big change in the breast tenderness thing. So far I had a pain free month.

I think having pain is promising that it's not cancer. But only a doctor can diagnose that. I wanted to also say I couldn't believe how fast and painless the doctor took the fluid out of the cyst. I asked him if he was gonna start and he had already finished. He was that good!! I couldn't believe it!

Hang in there ladies! It's tough being a woman ain't it?

Closed Thread