It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
(male)

bandit122 HB User
large breast lunp

hi all My wife has large breasts and regularly does breast exams also she has had mamograms 2or 3 times in the last year or so, Anyway she woke up yesterday morning with a visable lump in her l breast when feeeling it it is very sore, this lump is at least the size of a golf ball or larger she goes in the morning for u/s and mamo but doeas anyone know or have a similier experiance with a lump coming up so fast and large? please someone reply she and i are worried and she cant stop crying............thanks in advance

Old 07-28-2009, 05:24 AM   #2
(female)

ween HB User
Re: large breast lunp

My mother had breast cancer twice and each time she found a large lump the lump did not hurt at all. It felt more like a large pebble with no feeling whatsover. I think the fact that your wife's is sore to touch is a good sign actually. I'm going through something right now and it is scary. Tell not to worry too much though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

herekittykitty HB User

It could be an infection, a cyst, or a plugged milk duct. There is also a tumor called a phyllodes tumor that can appear literally overnight and already be big when you find it. They can be painful or not painful and can be anywhere from benign to cancerous. I have one and it literally was just there one day and it is 2.2 cm. She is definately doing the right thing by getting that ultrasound. Please come back and let us know what the ultrasound shows.

Last edited by herekittykitty; 08-02-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #4
(male)

bandit122 HB User

thanks for the replies, we had tests ran including fluid by fnb fine needle biopsyanyway they said it was a infected milk duct/cyst It is now down to the size of a grape but still very sore....the fluid they took 2 syringes full they told us they would analyze....they made her a repeat appt for 4wks for mri/ultrasound...
will post back when we find out more....
again thanks for your replies..............................tom my

Closed Thread