It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
(female)

JaneM HB User
Pain After Mammogram

Has anyone had pain after having a mammogram, specifically in the front of the chest with pain just from breathing? I had my first mammogram three days ago, and it was more uncomfortable than painful during the procedure. I felt good that day, but the day after, I began having the frontal chest discomfort especially while breathing in. The last two days have been better, but I still feel it and occasionally have to take a few seconds to catch my breath. Is this normal?

My thoughts were the muscles may have been overstretched and became inflamed enough to put pressure on the trachea or bronchial tubes. I remember the tech telling me to look up and continue breathing once when one breast was completely compressed, and I felt a big stretch then. Anyway, I'm taking ibuprofen, which seems to help some.

I hope it's OK I posted this on the breast cancer board, but I did not see another board that seemed appropriate.

Thanks for any input!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread