It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

krsnjas2009 HB User
hard knot in breast that has grown

For starters I am 33 yrs old and I have a family hx of cancer. My mom passed away at age 39 from cancer that spread from her uterus throughout her entire body including the breast and brain. The cancer was said to be something other than ovarien...this is spelled wrong but I will do my best.. it was called Crookinburgs Tumor which was VERY rare when she got sick. Remembering back there was 300 cases in the whole U.S.at that time. My maternal-grandfather, Aunt, and 1st cousin were all diagnosed with collen cancer too. In April of this year I had severe displazia removed surgurically from my cervics and have not went back to the doctor to see if it could have returned. (DUMB!) But at that time it had not went past the cervics. About 2 weeks ago I found a hard knot in my left breast about the size of an eraser and now it feels like it has grown to pea size and feels oval shaped. It does not appear to move and I can feel it standing and lying down. It is in the areaoli area of the breast and in mid deep not at the serface. I am not on my period but I do have lower abdominal pain and pain in both breasts. The pain in my breasts at times reminds of the feeling of milk coming in when I breast feed my kids and I also have this burning pain in the left breast that comes and goes. What could this be? Should I be worried? Also, my tubes were tied 3 yrs ago and I did have my peroid about 3 weeks ago and it was a normal cycle for me. Help me understand what this could be....please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: hard knot in breast that has grown

Hi

Honey, a lump in the breast could be anything. It could be a cyst, a blocked milk gland, a benign tumor , a cancerous tumor. I don't think you should worry, but rather get it checked out pronto. That is always the safest, wisest thing to do. We could spend days worrying endlessly. Face it head on and have it checked by your doctor this week.

All the best
reach

Closed Thread