It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
(female)

TheMamaLisa HB User
Right breast mass surgery tomorrow, I have a question.

I was wondering if I will be able to wear a bra after having a suspicious mass removed under my nipple tomorrow?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
(female)

nibbsie HB User
Re: Right breast mass surgery tomorrow, I have a question.

When I had my biopsy done a few months ago, they gave me a compression bra to wear. The bra holds your breasts firmly and prevents bleeding at the operation site. It was comfortable to wear.
I wish you luck tomorrow and hope for a good outcome for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
(female)

TheMamaLisa HB User

Thanks for your response! That ought to be a challenge for them to get me into a compression bra, I have extremely large pendulous breasts (38 J, I hope to get a reduction one day ). Guess we shall see what they can come up with tomorrow, lol!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I had a biopsy surgery last week under the nipple to remove ducts to check for cancer as my nipple inverted. I have lil fellas so I don't need to wear a bra but I have to say even now the thought of wearing a bra makes me cringe. My breast turned green from bruising and is a tad swollen but that is no big deal. However, my nipple is so sensitive and bruised I can't stand having my clothes touch it. I ended up putting a loose bandaid over the nipple, avoiding the stitch tape. Today, one week later it is the first day I didn't do that.
I just found out no cancer. Dr said something about fibrosis but said he will discuss it with me when I see him Monday.
If they are fooling around under your nipple I would be surprised that you would be able to wear a bra. Good luck tomorrow

Old 10-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
(female)

TheMamaLisa HB User

Yeah I noticed a lump under my right nipple, went in for an u/s and they found a suspicious vascular lump. Later that day I started having bloody discharge from my nipple I was hoping it was all gonna be in my head but no I was sent immediatly to the surgeon and now going for biopsy. I am going to hate it if I can't wear a bra!!! I won't be going ANYWHERE until I can wear one my breasts are just waaaayyy too huge, lol! Thanks ladies for your responses and I am glad to hear you didn't have cancer!!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

MamaLisa, hope your surgery went well today. 8 days later I am feeling very comfortable. Won't be swinging tassels but I think I can wear a bra tomorrow.
Get some rest and write when you can

Closed Thread