It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
(female)

jujuju50 HB User
New here with questions

Hi: My name is Julie 50 years old. Had a total hyst 9 years ago, on HRT (Patch) since.

I go each year for my Mamo gram. Last year I got a clean bill of health. Well yesterday that all changed, can someone please explain the report to me, this.

Thank you so much Julie

The issue of both breasts is heterogeneously dense. This may lower the sensitivity of mammography.

Current study was also evaluated with a computer aided detection (Cad) system.

The cyst in the right breast at 6 o’clock posterior depth is no longer seen.

There is a stable asymmetry in the right breast posterior depth central to the nipple seen on the mediolateral oblique view only.

There is a focal asymmetry with associated heterogeneous calcifications in the left breast at 1 o’clock posterior depth. Targeted ultrasound demonstrates a corresponding irregular hypoechoic mass with an indistinct boarder. Vascularity (blood flow is flowing) is present.

Sonographic evaluation of the axilla demonstrates only normal appearing lymph nodes. No lymphadenopathy is identified.

Physical exam does not reveal a corresponding suspicious palpable abnormality.

No other significant masses or calcifications are seen in either breast.

IMPRESSION: SUSPICIOUS OF MALIGNANCY, TARGETED ULTRASOUND SUSPICIOUS OF MALIGNANCY. The stable asymmetry in the right breast posterior depth central to the nipple seen on the mediolateral obique view only is benign.

The focal asymmetry in the left breast at 1 o’clock posterior depth is at an intermediate suspicion for malignancy. Ultrasound guided core needle biopsy is highly recommended as soon as possible.

This document has been signed by Dr. Lee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
(female)

diane777 HB User
Re: New here with questions

I'm just a layman, too, but the summarization seems to be a suspicious mass found in the 1:00 position of the left breast. When you go back to the doctor, bring this report with you and highlight all the things you want explained. That's what I did when I was diagnosed. Point at everything you don't understand, and tell them to explain. Doctors (at least my women doctors) seem to have more respect for me when I started doing that. They like for you to take charge and they for you to be informed.

Let us know how it goes.

Diane

Last edited by moderator2; 05-10-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: please do not quote when you are the first to reply

Old 05-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

HI Julie,
I just had my 2nd biopsy within a 7 month period and both biopsied are negative for malignancy. the first biopsy was bilateral with ultra sound guided biopsy. an MRI with contrast found the abnormalities. Not a mammogram. not all lesions can be picked up by a mammo which I just learned. this is very scary to me because that's all I used to get before.

the only reason I started having ultra sounds with my mammo's and MRI's is becuase i complained to my gyno that my right breast didn't feel normal. it felt swollen. so she sent me to a breast specialtist and the rest follows.

I am so greatful they have all these other tests besides mammo's.

what birad number did the radiologist give you?

I read somewhere that when lesions have blood flow through them can be a sign of malignancy. because this then means that the lesion has vessels running through it. irregular boarders are not good either.

In my experience, woman I've talked to seem to think that cysts aren't to be concerned about. My older sister had a cyst that kept getting aspirated by a breast surgeon and eventually it showed up with cancerous cells in it. so they put her on tamoxifen for five years and it has since disappeared thank God. My other sister wasnt' so lucky.
she had missed her yearly mammo one year. so when she did go, the mammo came out suspicious. she wound up having a core biopsy ultra sound and it turned out to be a malignancy. she had it in both breasts.
they had to do mastectomy rather than lumpectomy because there were no lumps.. it twas something in the ducts.

so now I"M considered high risk, which is why I've been through 2 biopsies in a mattter of 7 months. the fibrosystic thing in my right breast changed, that's why the radiologist upped the birad to 4b SUSPICIOUS FOR MALIGNANCY which was alittle more than the last report 7 months ago.

I did NOT expect to get a report like this again so you could imagine my shock.
I am SO tired of having these darm, scary biopsies. but I know they're necessary. only a biopsy can tell for sure if it's malignant.
I am STILL In pain after a week of having it. this time it was performed with a vuccume type thing and I had to lay face down in an MRI.
I dont' know how to make my breast heal any quicker and wonder if all woman have pain still after a week?

I pray to God that all goes well with your report.
when is your biopsy?
Please keep us informed.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
(female)

jujuju50 HB User

Hi: THank you so much for the email. Boy you had been through a lot..I pray for you!!!

"what birad number did the radiologist give you" is 4b, what does that mean??? I just read what you said, does not sound to good...

They did say there is blood flowing, which I already know is not a good sign. Just had cysts removed from my kidney and they said it was not cancer and no blood flowing through it...

I go on Wed for the Core needle biopsy..Does it hurt much?? What about after they are done???

Thank you again for the email and I wish you good health
Julie

Last edited by jujuju50; 05-10-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Closed Thread