It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
(female)

osteopenia1 HB User
Cluster of breast cysts

Since my mammogram showed a problem, I had an ulter-sound. It showed a dark area and two smaller dark areas underneath. The radiologist says I should get it checked again in 6 months to see if it changed. Several years ago I had a cyst aspirated at another clinic and it tested out good. Is this waiting period a new approach? Personally, I would rather had it dealt with
instead of waiting. Isn't that the purpose of a mammogram - to catch a problem before it turns into cancer? Has anyone had a similar situation and what happened 6 months or more later?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Cluster of breast cysts

osteopenia1

I would suggest that the black areas on the ultasound are fluid filled cysts. You can wait the six months and see it they are disappeared, however, if you are concerned and not comfortable waiting the six months, than call the doctor who ordered the mammogram, discuss the results with him/her and how you are not very comfortable with a six month wait. Request either a shorter waiting time, maybe 3 months and if the abnormal areas are still present, request a biopsy to insure that all is well, or request a referral to a breast surgeon for an immediate biopsy.

There is nothing wrong with being proactive and confident that all is well.

Keep me updated on what you do.

Brenda

Last edited by shisslak; 07-22-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

osteopenia1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
osteopenia1

I would suggest that the black areas on the ultasound are fluid filled cysts. You can wait the six months and see it they are disappeared, however, if you are concerned and not comfortable waiting the six months, than call the doctor who ordered the mammogram, discuss the results with him/her and how you are not very comfortable with a six month wait. Request either a shorter waiting time, maybe 3 months and if the abnormal areas are still present, request a biopsy to insure that all is well, or request a referral to a breast surgeon for an immediate biopsy.

There is nothing wrong with being proactive and confident that all is well.

Keep me updated on what you do.

Brenda

Old 08-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
(female)

osteopenia1 HB User

I went to a larger clinic for a second opinion. The radioligist looked at the previous films and wasn't concerned with the fluid filled cycts but found a firm cyst in another area. He had another mammogram done and ultra-sound and advised a breast biopsy which I had today. I laid face down with breast in a hole. More mamograms and now I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for results. I am glad I didn't wait for 6 months. If this is cancer, it would have grown by waiting 6 months. Little pain with procedure but hard on neck and shoulder in that position for an hour.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

osteopenia1

Good for you--please write with the results. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Brenda

Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #6
(female)

osteopenia1 HB User

Good news! I got a call that the biopsy turned out fine and I need another mammogram in 6 mos. to check out this area and an unltra sound to check out the fluid filled cycts.
Thanks for being my friend through this Brenda. It was good to have another opinion about the cluster but a surprise to find this other cyst that I didn't know about.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smile Re: Cluster of breast cysts

osteopenia1

Congratulations on the great news!!!! I know that you will now have a great weekend.

Brenda

Closed Thread