It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

elbie82 HB User
Small hard lump on areola

Hello! I am a healthy 27 year old female with no known history of breast cancer in my family. I have a pea sized, hard lump on the surface of my areola that feels like a smooth ball when 'pinched'. It is not painful, nor does it move. I have actually had this as long as I can remember, and vaguely remember my pediatrician mentioning it to my mom and thinking it was a cyst.

I have recently had a breast exam done by Planned Parenthood (I am uninsured) and the doctor asked me how long I'd had it. When I told her that it's been there as long as I can remember, she seemed unworried and didn't mention it again.

Unfortunately, I worry way too much about things and am now, for the first time in my life, trying desperately to figure out what it is without paying out of pocket for a doctor appointment. I will over course see a doctor if it's something I should worry about, but since I've had it since I was young, maybe it's nothing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
(female)

pmullin56 HB User
Re: Small hard lump on areola

i wish someone could answer this as well. i have a 2 yr old son who has the same sort of bump on his areola, very small, very hard, doesn't move so i would think i shouldn't be worried, will prob get it checked just in case

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

orteco HB User
Re: Small hard lump on areola

I posted a thread about practically the very same thing. I am 22 with a small hard lump on my areola that I first noticed around the I began developing (12 years-old). I never thought much of it because it hasn't grown or changed, doesn't hurt. My only concern now is because my Mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and I wonder if this should be cause for concern.

Closed Thread