It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
(female)

VegasQ HB User
8 Year Old With Breast Lump?

My daughter has been complaigning of her left breast hurting. She was so excited it was "growing" so I did a breast exam like the ones I get at the OBGYN. She does actually has a hard lump under her left nipple thta is distinct and not on her right side. It is about the size of a pea. Has anyone ever heard of this at her age? I am making an appointment with her doctor tomorrow so I'll advise more. I guess since she's 48lbs it is easy to feel and definiately not on the right. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!
Suz

Old 10-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
(female)

jrenee HB User
Re: 8 Year Old With Breast Lump?

My daughter had the same thing, a lump only on one breast and she was also complaining of pain. Breast cancer runs in our family so I hurried her to the dr. She informed me it was a "breast bud" and was just the begining stages of her breast developing. I had never heard of such! you can probably read up on it online, but i would take her to the Dr. It couldnt hurt better safe than sorry.. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
(female)

VegasQ HB User

JRenee...did they test her CA-125?

Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 AM   #4
(female)

janice964 HB User

My son had several lumps in both his 'breasts' at age 10. Took him to the doctor immediately, but it turns out it is quite normal for kids heading into puberty to have lumps there. In his case it was a build up of testosterone and no big deal (though he tried to claim that if he had a tantrum it wasn't his fault - he had too much hormone - yeah, that worked). Anyway, while she is young to be heading into puberty, don't rush to the big C conclusion - it could be hormonal and nothing more. Good Luck.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:39 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

patty6789 HB Userpatty6789 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasQ View Post
My daughter has been complaigning of her left breast hurting. She was so excited it was "growing" so I did a breast exam like the ones I get at the OBGYN. She does actually has a hard lump under her left nipple thta is distinct and not on her right side. It is about the size of a pea. Has anyone ever heard of this at her age? I am making an appointment with her doctor tomorrow so I'll advise more. I guess since she's 48lbs it is easy to feel and definiately not on the right. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!
Suz
I remember back when I was 8-10 years old. I had the same thing. My mother grew quite concerned because it just didn't seem 'normal' to her. It WAS just the start of my breasts developing.

My daughter did the same thing. It is quite common for one side to start before the other. It did feel like a lump, and it was VERY sore and tender to touch.

A trip to the dr. is always a good idea if you are not sure, but I would not worry myself (or her) silly in the mean time. This is fairly normal.

Last edited by patty6789; 10-25-2010 at 04:40 AM.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
(female)

jrenee HB User

no they did not test her but not long after she started to really develope and the lump was gone

Old 10-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
(female)

cutieloli HB User

Like the other people said it sounds like a breast bud. Her body is just preparing itself for puberty. And I am pretty sure that breast cancer cannot affect someone that young. Breast cancer usually occurs in older women.

Closed Thread