It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

etown HB User
Question new here...breast lumps

Hi there. Im new here. 2 cycles ago I found a hard bb sized lump just outside my aereola in the upper inside quadrant of my right breast. I decided to monitor it and book a complete physical.
One cycle ago, it was still there, but it didnt seem quite so round anymore.
I went to my appointment last friday and told my doctor about it. I didnt show her where it was as I wanted to see if she would find it on her own...well she did and she found a second larger lump. the size of a pea in the upper outer quadrant about an inch off my aereola.

I am booked for a mammogram and an ultrasound next friday. Needless to say I am a slight bit concerned. I have always had cysts that feel like grapes and these are just different.

I am 36 years old, and a mom of two children. My maternal great aunt had a post menopausal double mastectomy, and 10 years ago my mom had a few biopsies done.

I am wondering if they were calcifications, if I would feel them under my skin. The lump I found is kinda deep and is fairly immobile. the one she found is also fairly immobile but closer to the skin level.

Sorry about the novel. I am just nervous and dont really know where to look. google is the devil. lol

thanks in advance

Old 01-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
(female)

vannash HB User
Re: new here...breast lumps

How did your tests go? I have a second mammo and ultrasound in 3 days, too. Hope all went well!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
(female)

etown HB User

Thank you for replying! The technician found 2 lumps that were not the ones detected by my doc or myself...those 2 had vanished.
Anyhoo... One is 4mm and one is 6mm... The bigger one is believed to be fibroadenoma. The smaller one could be.
We are taking the wait and see approach, and in June I will go for another ultrasound.
I am still a bit nervous as I know that fibroadenoma can only be diagnosed 100% via biopsy.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
(female)

vannash HB User

I think it's our nature as women to worry! It's nice that you're following up on any new thing. I wish they didn't have to keep you waiting, though. Praying that it's nothing to worry about!!

Closed Thread