It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
(female)

mngirl HB User
Bloody Discharge - Comes and Goes

On Christmas Eve, I came home from church and went to change my clothes. When I took off my bra I noticed a bunch of blood spots in the left side cup. When I went to check where it was coming from I had blood dripping from my left nipple. When you wiped it away it would just bubble up again. It did eventually stop that night. But, the next day it happened again and the next day again. Then it stopped for a week and happened again a little more than a week ago.

I saw my dr who sent me down for a mammo and u/s. Both were fine but he said my breasts are very dense and bleeding like that is not normal. I also have a condition which makes me more prone to lung and breast cancer. He said he was concerned and set me up an appt with a surgeon.

I saw the surgeon. And left very upset. Before he even examined me he told me he thought everything was fine and we should just watch it. Needless to say I was still nervous. So, I made an appt at the Mayo Breast Clinic. They got me in the next day with a GREAT doctor. They reviewed my records from home but wanted to do some different shots, and then another mammo and u/s. I found that I had WAY more cysts than thought! I also had been having a dark green, almost black discharge on my right side as well. I then had my appt back with my dr after all the tests. She told me that they are not worried about the discharge on my right side. She said that that was just how my body was. But then she said the left side (where I have been bleeding) was a different story. She said that the mammo and u/s ok but that wasn't the end of the story. She said that I shouldn't be having bloody discharge like that and we needed to keep going until we figure out why it is happening. So, this Thurs I go back and meet with a surgeon. She told them no same day surgery, to schedule anything for another appt...what would they be doing? She said they may want to do an MRI first...before what? I am a little scared. She wasn't able to produce any blood. But the days it has come it was like I had just sliced my finger for the amt that would come out. And it was BRIGHT red and it was coming from one spot on my nipple. I haven't had any discharge since last week but my left nipple looks completely chapped, like you could peel the top off. I had put some lotion on it but you can still feel how dry it feels.

So, I am at a loss. Does discharge have to be more continuous in order to be of major concern or is bloody discharge no matter what an issue? I am TERRIFIED of this being cancer. My dad just died of lung, bone and non-hodgkins a few months ago. Having this other health issue making cancer a possible chance doesn't make me feel better either. Oh...and I have had some awful pain along the outer edge of this same breast for almost 10 months ago (which they have said is nothing...but hurts to the slightest touch!). What could that be from? I outruled my underwire bras this past summer by not wearing one for over a month and it didn't make any difference. I am just scared. My husband is having a hard time because his mother had breast cancer, which was the start to many others. Hopefully this is all nothing but I was wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this?

Thanks so much!
mngirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread