It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

dianajune HB Userdianajune HB Userdianajune HB User
Sore underarms, hx breast cancer in family

I recently found that both underarms (but mostly my right one) has been sore to the touch towards the middle. I remember reading somewhere online that underarm soreness could be due to breast cancer, so I am concerned. And for good reasons.

There's a history of breast cancer on Mom's side of the family. Her sister had it, but it was caught early (Praise God!) and all they had to do - according to her oncologist - was a lumpectomy. However, my aunt requested and received chemo and radiation treatments to be on the safe side, even though her oncologist said they weren't necessary.

One of her aunts - who would be my great-aunt, also had breast cancer many years ago and had a mastectomy.

I'm in my late 40's and have had mammograms for years. Nothing's ever showed up. I'm due for one next week and will tell the technician about this issue.

It doesn't feel sore all the time. It seems to be off and on. If I move my right arm a certain way I can feel it. Sometimes the middle part of my right underarm is sore to the touch, as is the left one. But I can't feel any lumps. With regard to my right underarm, it also feels sore near what I think is a tendon.

Is this something I need to be worried about? I have a history of a variety of problems, including a borderline ovarian cancer, but the prognosis for that is excellent, and it will be 7 years this November since I was diagnosed with that. I had to have a hysterectomy because of the size of the mass.

Thoughts, anyone? Thanks!

Last edited by dianajune; 04-08-2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread