It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

lindsey120 HB User
mammogram question

I had posted earlier talking about my test results earlier. But they called me back in for a mammogram. They found a suspicious lump and decided to do another Ultrasound to be sure. The doc came in and said that it was rather large but in women my age (24) I do not need to worry about biopsying it, but to come back in 6 months to measure it again.
I havbe heard mixed reviews about the whole age thing, and i know you can get cancer at any age...so my question is should I wait as he suggested? Or possibly get a second opinion?
Anyone with similar stories out there?

Old 04-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
(female)

lucybooz HB User
Re: mammogram question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey120 View Post
I had posted earlier talking about my test results earlier. But they called me back in for a mammogram. They found a suspicious lump and decided to do another Ultrasound to be sure. The doc came in and said that it was rather large but in women my age (24) I do not need to worry about biopsying it, but to come back in 6 months to measure it again.
I havbe heard mixed reviews about the whole age thing, and i know you can get cancer at any age...so my question is should I wait as he suggested? Or possibly get a second opinion?
Anyone with similar stories out there?
lindsey, i'm speaking from experience - CHECK THIS OUT FURTHER!!!!! age knows no limits when cancer is involved. it's most likely something that just needs to be rechecked, but you can't afford to NOT know that FOR SURE.

good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to lucybooz For This Useful Post:
lindsey120 (04-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
(female)

Specialkt007 HB User

I am right with you I am now 26 and have had 5 ultersounds in the last 4 year and a biopsying done about 6 months ago after waiting 6 months after they found a toumor. Everything is fine now but waiting 6 months was really hard to do before having the biopsying. I was getting mad with the "nothing to worry about at your age" people in there 20 do have cancer and i think they were not taking it as serisoly as they should. when I went back for my 6 moth ultersound the lady did not even pull up my chart as she had thought i would never have been there before because of my age... one thing you can do is they say 6 months but talk to your doctor that put in the ultersound you can go back in before 6 months i only waited about 4 between my last 2 but then again I find a new lump about ever other month...... I am a really weird case..... but most of mine are just fat lumps

Last edited by Specialkt007; 04-19-2011 at 10:08 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Specialkt007 For This Useful Post:
lindsey120 (04-26-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
(female)

lindsey120 HB User

thank you for you responses. I went to my obgyn yesterday and she has said that I can wait until october to recheck the size. I think it was more of a decision for the $$ and less on the factor of medical decision which im not sure if that is a good thing, but I am still going to keep an eye on it and if it feels like it is getting bigger I will be sure to have her look at it again.
again thanks so much for your responses!
Take care!

Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

I think the Drs. should do another Ulrta ASAP as age has nothing to do with results. Like you, I was called back many years ago due to a suspicious finding but lucikly it was nothing but I was happy they double checked.

Even though the Dr. said to wait till Oct. that is 6 months away and you will probably worry for that entire time. Tell the Dr. you would be much more at ease if it was done sooner. Money should not be an issue, it's your body that needs to be checked and the sooner the better.

Please keep us posted and all my best wishes...JJ...

Closed Thread