It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 04:59 AM   #1
(male)

niel2k HB User
breastfeeding and found three solid lumps in ultra sound

Hi All,
We have a 3 month old son and while breastfeeding, my wife (age 32) noticed a lump in her right breast. Its not movable and it doesnt seem like it has changed its size.
We talked to her OBGYN and he mentioned that we should not be worried, but get an ultra sound to make sure.
Yesterday we had the ultra sound and the nurse there seemed to measure three lumps, 2 small and 1 relatively large (the one my wife noticed).
They said that the lump(s) is/are solid and they could not figure out anything else.
They have scheduled a needle biopsy on Monday (4/42/2011).

I am very worried, for my wife, my son, the whole family.
Questions:
1. Given that there are 3 solid lumps, what are the chances that they all are benign. I know 80% of all lumps are benign, but does it change when there are multiple?
2. She is just 32 and is breastfeeding. Does it change anything?
3. Since yesterday, I see a gloom in her face. I am being fully supportive, but I can do only so much. Is there anything I can do more to help her?

Please prey to God that all is fine with my wife. We need her just too much.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
(female)

nibbsie HB User
Re: breastfeeding and found three solid lumps in ultra sound

I am so sorry that your family is going through this stress when this should be a happy time with your new son. The best solution is having the needle biopsy to allay your fears. In February, I had 2 needle biopsies on complex cysts ( cyst that contains solid areas inside) in my breast. I had them done under the ultrasound, and it was a painless procedure. I got the results an hour later. My biopsies showed abnormal cells, so I then had to have the cysts surgically removed. Lucky for me the final path report was benign. I am hoping and praying for the same result for your wife! Please keep us posted. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread