It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

Lisa1010 HB User
Smile Drug taken back in the 1980's to dry up breast milk

Does anyone know the name of the drug that doctors used to give you to dry up your breast milk after you had a baby? I was given this drug back in 1989 and then told later that they no longer could give the drug out because of severe side effects like seizures, cancer , etc. The doctors realized I had breast cancer (already stage 2b) in 2000 and then again in 2004 when it had metasisized to my liver and bones. I am now wondering about the correlation between the two... does anyone know the name of the drug tho.. I cant remember . Thank you so much. Lisa

Old 07-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
(female)

CaSweetheart HB User
Re: Drug taken back in the 1980's to dry up breast milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1010 View Post
Does anyone know the name of the drug that doctors used to give you to dry up your breast milk after you had a baby? I was given this drug back in 1989 and then told later that they no longer could give the drug out because of severe side effects like seizures, cancer , etc. The doctors realized I had breast cancer (already stage 2b) in 2000 and then again in 2004 when it had metasisized to my liver and bones. I am now wondering about the correlation between the two... does anyone know the name of the drug tho.. I cant remember . Thank you so much. Lisa
Interesting that this drug causes cancer. I, too, took this drug in 1982 and was diagnosed with State 2B breast cancer (triple negative) in 2006, had first recurrence in 2008 and again in the last week. I will begin PARP trial soon.

I don't remember the name of the drug either but think we should check into this. Is your cancer triple negative by chance?

I will research to see if we can figure out what the drug was. Thanks for posting the question

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
(female)

CaSweetheart HB User
Re: Drug taken back in the 1980's to dry up breast milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSweetheart View Post
Interesting that this drug causes cancer. I, too, took this drug in 1982 and was diagnosed with State 2B breast cancer (triple negative) in 2006, had first recurrence in 2008 and again in the last week. I will begin PARP trial soon.

I don't remember the name of the drug either but think we should check into this. Is your cancer triple negative by chance?

I will research to see if we can figure out what the drug was. Thanks for posting the question
The drug was Parlodel. Do you remember if that was what you took?

Closed Thread