It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

Elizabeth I HB User
Question Inconclusive Digital Mammogram

I'm 55 years old and have very dense, cystic breast tissue. I just had my yearly digital mammogram last Thursday and received a call that I had to come back for some more images on my left breast because the mammogram was "inconclusive." They said not to worry and it was not an emergency and I could come back anytime, but I scheduled my new appointment for next Friday, which was their first open appointment. I'm trying not to be worried but I'm terrified. Should I be? Please help. Thanks so much.

The following user gives a hug of support to Elizabeth I:
messagez (08-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Inconclusive Digital Mammogram

I'm around your age, also with cystic breasts, and I wouldnt worry about it.
In my opinion it shows that your mammo place is a good one.

The following user gives a hug of support to slenderella:
Elizabeth I (08-02-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Elizabeth I (08-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

Elizabeth I HB User

Thank you so much, Slenderella, for your witty warm reply. Obviously your *****s are in an excellent place as well. You have helped to allay my fears.

Best
Elizabeth I

Old 08-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

I'm so glad!! Wishing you the very best. Let me know when you find out that everything's okay. :-)

Sue

Last edited by moderator2; 08-02-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
(female)

Elizabeth I HB User

Dear Slenderella,

Now I'm even more worried, because I received my letter and it says my mammogram showed a "finding" that requires supplementary imaging studies, such as additional mammorgraphic views or an ultrasound. And said if I had not already scheduled an appointment for these additional tests please do.
It also says that these studies are separate from my annual screening mammorgram. Now I'm so scared. I don't know if I can sleep.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mine had a finding too. They called it a "density". Turned out that it was a totally benign cyst. At our ages, that's pretty common. I had a painless needle biopsy.

I'm sorry you're so worried, there are still many reasons why it can just be a technical error.

Sue

Old 08-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
(female)

Elizabeth I HB User
Unhappy Re: Inconclusive Digital Mammogram

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your concern and caring...it means so much to me. With me, I found out today that they saw some small calcium deposits on my left breast, so they need to do additional studies and maybe a sonogram - which I've had before, just to make certain all is normal. They still said it's not an emergency, but I put a call into my doctor to make certain I have all the correct info. Again, you are the best! But I am still totally stressed. Thank you for all your empathy. If it were potentially a cyst, which I had 3 years ago, found in mammogram, totally benign, I would be less concerned.

Best,
Liz

Old 08-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Anytime, Liz, I really DO care.
I have calcifications in both breasts so just know that not all calcifications mean trouble.
I do sympathize that you're concerned, that's only natural. Keep me posted!!

God bless, Sue

The following user gives a hug of support to slenderella:
Elizabeth I (08-03-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Elizabeth I (08-03-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
(female)

Elizabeth I HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slenderella View Post
Anytime, Liz, I really DO care.
I have calcifications in both breasts so just know that not all calcifications mean trouble.
I do sympathize that you're concerned, that's only natural. Keep me posted!!

God bless, Sue
Thanks, again Sue. I will let you know what happens next Friday. You're the best & thank you again for your sincere caring and concern.

Best,
Liz

Old 08-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #10
(female)

Elizabeth I HB User
Smile Re: Inconclusive Digital Mammogram

Dear Sue -

Great news! I had the followup ***** today and the doctor told me that I have some normal and benign calcifications and everything looks excellent. I suggested when they call a patient back in for more studies, they either call the patient or have the primary call provider call the patient to let them know the actual situation.

Thank you for all of your caring and concern, Sue, you don't know how much I appreciate it.

Warm Regards,
Liz:

The following user gives a hug of support to Elizabeth I:
slenderella (08-23-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

What wonderful news!!! I couldn't be happier for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
(female)

Elizabeth I HB User
Thumbs up Re: Inconclusive Digital Mammogram

Quote:
Originally Posted by slenderella View Post
What wonderful news!!! I couldn't be happier for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sue - you are just splendid!!!! I wish everyone could have such a fabulous and caring supporter as you are. Thank you so much again for all of your genuine caring and correspondence and I hope you have as happy a life as your rare and generous nature justifies. Best, Lize

Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
(female)

lynnetta HB User

Hi - been reading your post and glad all came back normal for you. I had breast cancer in 2009 and my last mammogram about 2 weeks ago showed some calcification around the tumor site and now they want to do a MRI. She stressed calcifications are normal, but to be on safe side, let's do an MRI. Ugh, I hate going thru this.

Closed Thread