It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

tooblue22 HB User
painful lump under right nipple

hello I am 31 years old (female) and I am hoping that some one can help me with this while I wait for my Dr. appt. for the past couple of days I have been having some pain in my right breast last night was the worst as I felt around I found a hard painful lump right by the nipple area I also have notice that my nipple had been looking dry and scaly but didn't think any thing of it until I felt the lump... it seems as though it is it is smooth and maybe the size of a quarter I am scared and worried and can not find too much information on what this can be any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.. oh and when touched it moves but not a lot if that helps and the pain is throbbing hurt to touch

Old 08-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: painful lump under right nipple

tooblue22

By the way you describe the lumb-smooth and it moves leave me to believe that the lump is a cyst. That does not mean that you should not go and have a doctor check it out. The cyst if it is all liquid will eventually just pop and the fluid will absorb into your system. You doctor may order an ultasound to see if this is in fact a cyst and whether this cyst is a simple cyst (all liquid) or a complex cyst (part liquid part solid). Simple cyst are really nothing to worry about and depending on the size, the radiologist who performs the exam with either leave it along or they make simple place a needle to drain the cyst. Complex cyst are either watched or they are removed.
Let me know how you do at the doctors

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
(female)

tooblue22 HB User

thank you I am going to the dr tomorrow so we will see what he says

Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Good Luck, let me know how you do.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
(female)

tooblue22 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
Good Luck, let me know how you do.
My Dr had to reschedule for next Friday i am in soo much pain today and I dont think that I can make it until then??? I am not sure what to do the pain is just in the nipple area any suggestions on what can help until then are should i call and see what he can do from home he is out sick

Old 08-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooblue

Try putting some hot towels on the area and see if that helps with your pain. The lump can be a block milk duct and that may help alleviate the pain. You may also have mastititis, which is an infection of one of your milk ducts.
Is there a doctor who is covering your doctors practice while he is out sick? Call the office and find out when they expect him to return and to inquire who is covering his practice. Explain your discomfort and see if they can get the covering doctor to phone in an antibotic to your pharmacy. Keep the appointment for next Friday, however, if the covering physcian will not call in the prescription, than I suggest that you see if your local hospital has a walk in clinic. Go there and get treated.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

Last edited by shisslak; 08-11-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Closed Thread