It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

bmx momma HB User
Smile Lump in right breast

I am 40 years old and found a pretty good sized hard lump in my right breast this past Saturday. It is about an inch long and a 1/2 inch wide. It is located about an inch above my nipple and it is not painful. I wouldn't have even known it was there if I didn't feel it. I do have green/gray discharge from both nipples, however it is only upon compression. I had a discharge (milky/yellow) about 2 years ago when they found calcifications in my left breast after finding an enlarged lymph node in my left armpit, and after several tests, ended up having a lumpectomy, although all cells were benign (pre-cancerous). They told me then that the discharge wasn't anything to worry about. I am concerned in the change in color of the discharge and obviously the hard lump. I have never had any hard lumps in my breasts before. I have dense breasts with liquid filled cysts though. They tell me that when I have my mammograms and ultrasounds. I had a complete hysterectomy at 30 years old, however I do have one ovary left. So, I'm not sure this has anything to do with a "cycle." I have read a lot, more than I probably should have. I have an appointment with my breast oncologist for this Wednesday morning. Can anyone offer any insight on this to settle my nerves?

Old 08-30-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
(female)

SimpleSue1545 HB User
Re: Lump in right breast

Hello, One thing I learned, if the lump does not move around, and it stays in one place, please get it checked out and I hope things go fine for you. Take care of yourself and try to stay positive.

Last edited by SimpleSue1545; 08-30-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #3
(female)

bmx momma HB User

Its hard to know whether it moves or not because it is all tissue and it moves. That is what is confusing, however I am going tomorrow morning to the breast oncologist and should know more then. Thank you so much for your response. It sounds like you or someone you know had a similar situation. Hope it all went well.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
(female)

Morgan28 HB User

if the lump is smooth and round its probably just another cist. I have those to. but I would definitely mention the color change in the fluid. My prayers are with you.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
(female)

bmx momma HB User

Thank you very much!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:08 PM   #6
(female)

SimpleSue1545 HB User

Hello, I just found out I have breast cancer on July 25. My lump did not move and I knew something was wrong. I wish you the best of luck. I go see the plastic surgeon on this Friday and then I have the big surgery.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:25 AM   #7
(female)

bmx momma HB User

Awe, I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through that. Have faith, be strong and be positive. It does wonders. Good luck in your surgery. I will keep you in my prayers.

The Following User Says Thank You to bmx momma For This Useful Post:
SimpleSue1545 (09-05-2011)
Old 09-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #8
(female)

bmx momma HB User

I am very happy to say that I went to see my breast oncologist yesterday and found out that the lump I found over the weekend is a benign cyst. :-) Thank you all for your insight and support.

Closed Thread