It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
(female)

daja91 HB User
Breast Core Needle Biopsy Results please HELP.

My mother had a screening mammogram and 2 weeks
later received a letter , had to go for "further assessment"
Where they did a magnified look followed by an ultrasound and than
Core biopsy. She had some microcalcifications in both breasts but one cluster of them in the right breast above the nipple. The ultrasound showed that it was a simple cyst with calcifications around it. They said that they think it is probably fybrocystic changes. My mother is 53 years old. There was no mass or lump. But they wanted to do a biopsy to make sure and they gave her rating 3 ?? Indeterminate ?? She had the biopsy On Tuesday last week and the nurse made an appointment for her to come back the following Tuesday for the results , they do not give the results over the phone my mother was told. However the nurse called today and said that my mums biopsy results are not going to be back tomorrow and she rebooked her appointment for this Friday as they will have the result by than she said. I called the nurse back after my mum told me this and asked the nurse why is it taking extra time why aren't the results back is it bad has it been sent for a
Second opinion maybe or what is the reason does
It mean it is bad if it's taking this long. She told me that the GoldCoast hospital lab had a "back logg" and my mum isn't the only one whose results haven't come back and that she had to reschedule other womens appointments for Friday as well. But I am
Still so worried I can not sleep or eat and worry every second. Me and my mother are very close and to be honest she is all I have and my son. Can someone please tell me how long do these biopsy results take and does it mean it is bad if they are taking extra time ?? Thank you everyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
(female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User
Re: Breast Core Needle Biopsy Results please HELP.

Hope it all went ok,x

Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
(female)

txjam HB User
Re: Breast Core Needle Biopsy Results please HELP.

Take a deep breath. No it doesn't mean it will be bad news. Either way you will make it through this. I am just finishing 28 days of radiation and Prior to that I had a mastectomy and prior to that 8 rounds of chemo. I know you and your Mom feel like you have been put through the ringer. look at it this way you are going through this waiting to head anything off early. So slow down and stay busy you and your mom until the results come back. I am extremely sorry you are having to wait on a backed up lab system. Hugs.

Closed Thread