It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #16
(female)

Jrzgrl64 HB User
Re: Someone, please help me... horrified to go back for spot compression and ultrasou

It's difficult to not have this consume you until you get your results back. I have 5 biopsies done at once and everything came back negative. I've had what you had. The oval shaped things were cysts. The complex lesions were complex cysts (cysts with debris in them). I also have microcalcifications which they haven't done anything with yet, granduloma. Heck, my boobs look like a bubble gum machine on an ultrasound!

They used to make me go every 6 months, now I go every year. Last year they wanted me to go for an MRI, because my breasts are very dense. I didn't do it because I figured the insurance company wouldn't pay for it and I didn't want to get angry, so I let it go. I'm going to a new radiologist this year. If they want an MRI, I'll fight with the insurance company.

My mother died from BC at 82, and my sister (survivor!) was diagnosed at 46, my cousin (survivor!) at 41. I am 48. I decided about the last round of biopsy's that this is not going to hang over me like a lead weight just waiting to pounce. My sister tested negataive for the BRCA.

Best of luck to you and try not to worry

The following user gives a hug of support to Jrzgrl64:
uptownJ (04-10-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: Someone, please help me... horrified to go back for spot compression and ultrasou

I would highly recommend getting an MRI. It can show things no mammogram or ultrasound has the ability to show. I get one every year. I have to pay for it but it is at a reduced rate and they let me pay it off a little at a time. It is truly the gold-standard of diagnostics and it showed my breast cancer like no other machine! If I would have demanded an MRI earlier, my breast cancer would have been diagnosed at a much smaller less advanced stage. PLEASE follow through with the MRI. Often times, it can show if cancer has moved into lymph nodes. My husband and I are far from rich and we have lousy insurance but this is my life.... get the MRI. Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #18
(female)

Jrzgrl64 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownJ View Post
I would highly recommend getting an MRI. It can show things no mammogram or ultrasound has the ability to show. I get one every year. I have to pay for it but it is at a reduced rate and they let me pay it off a little at a time. It is truly the gold-standard of diagnostics and it showed my breast cancer like no other machine! If I would have demanded an MRI earlier, my breast cancer would have been diagnosed at a much smaller less advanced stage. PLEASE follow through with the MRI. Often times, it can show if cancer has moved into lymph nodes. My husband and I are far from rich and we have lousy insurance but this is my life.... get the MRI. Sharon
Unfortunately, if the insurance doesn't pay for it, I will not be able to have it done. I'm a divorced mom with two kids and no child support. LOL! I guess I could always provide my ex-husbands ss#. If anything comes up cancer, I'll opt for a double masectomy and be done with it. Better than worrying once a year.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jrzgrl64 For This Useful Post:
Angelalovew (04-10-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #19
(female)

Angelalovew HB User

You are so sweet.... I go Tuesday, April 17th, for the needle biopsy. This waiting is horrible I am SO GLAD you are doing good... you have sure been thru ALOT!!!!! I pray this is nothing to worry about and won't have to come out. Did you have to have anything taken out?

Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #20
(female)

Angelalovew HB User

WHY wouldn't your insurance pay for the MRI????
I'm wondering now.... will my insurance cover the needle biopsy? I never thought to check it out to make sure. I don't have a job... I sure can't afford it

Old 04-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #21
(female)

Jrzgrl64 HB User

MRI's are expensive and since there is no sign of cancer on the mammogram or ultrasound, the insurance company will not approve it. They don't typically allow them for diagnostics. Even my sister, a BC survivor, has to fight to get hers done every year. I had no problem whatsoever with the compression mammo, ultrasound or biopsies. As I said in an earlier post, if they ask me to go again this year, I'll fight for it.

Closed Thread