It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

Kayyy HB User
Im really scared.

I am 18 years old and the other day I found a lump on my right breast. Its probably about and inch long and flat. It is also pretty tender. I am so scared I want to tell my mom but I don't know how. We have never really been that close and I don't want to freak her out.
Please help me, Thank you!

Old 03-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Im really scared.

breast lumps are very common. i have tons of them. they call it fibrocystic disease. i have mine checked yearly now that i'm older, but they have never become malignant. i found when i used to drink coffee they would get bigger and very sore. caffeine tends to irritate them. i've had all the tests done and i grow more and some disappear. don't get over exited about it until you have a mammogram. does breast cancer run anywhere in your immediate family?

The Following User Says Thank You to boobootwo For This Useful Post:
Kayyy (04-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

JenintheAZ HB User

Big breath...I am dealing with something scarry too. Unfortunately, I have found that not alot of people respond on these boards so I will...

This is stuff you don't hide from your mom or anyone...be open. You never know who is going to step up and give you the support you need as a young woman. Your mom might or might not surprise you.

1. Tell your inner circle
2. Call your doctor
3. Come back for support

Life is too complicated to face alone. Breast issues are too emotionally charged not to get what you need to cope.

Go and get checked! I had three girl friends over the last 24 hours "feel me up" to make sure I was not imagining this...if you have to go to that length to feel secure then by all means...boobs are boobs and everyother person on the planet has them large enough to have to ware a bra!

The Following User Says Thank You to JenintheAZ For This Useful Post:
Kayyy (04-02-2012)
Old 04-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User

first of all kayyy....does breast cancer run in any of your immediate family members? secondly...the fact that you're so young, it's not that common. breast cancer is more common if it is in the family genes. a girlfriend of mines younger sister got it...then the older one got it...but she didn't. breast cancer ran in her family and so did heart attacks. she didn't get the breast cancer but she did have a heart attack. her sisters got the breast cancer, but not the heart problems. doc's will always ask a family history before they would even suspect breast cancer. i wouldn't worry right now and especially not if it doesn't run in your family history. just make an appt with your doc and she will palpate your breasts and tell you if she suspects that you should have a mammogram. the part about telling your mom....why wouldn't you...she loves you and would want to know if you were worried about something. who better to share your worries with, than someone who loves you.

Kayyy (04-02-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
(female)

Kayyy HB User

Thanks for the support I told my mom and she is going to call the dr. My aunt and great grandma had breast cancer both survived. So that didn't help my nervous but i'll have to wait and see what happens.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kayyy:
boobootwo (04-02-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
(female)

glad you shared with your mom. your aunt and great grandmother are not what is considered immediate family. my girlfriends mom had the breast cancer and her father had the heart attack, so the gene pool is stronger in the immediate family. i wouldn't worry...you're very young and it's good that you're getting checked anyway. i'm sure it's just a harmless nodule. let me know when you get your test results.

Kayyy (05-23-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
(female)

Kayyy HB User

I know its been a while but I just has an ultra sound today. Everything is okay!!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
(female)

so glad to hear that kay. i was pretty sure you had nothing to worry about. now....get on with your life and have fun...lol.

Closed Thread