It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

Ssshayne HB User
first

I had a mammogram last week and the tech told me she needed extra views as she saw 2 cysts.

Last edited by Ssshayne; 04-14-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: first mammogram - what is this?

Well THAT was a pile of descriptive words. You can have your regular doctor translate it for you or just call the radiologist back to ask what it all means. Don't be hesitant to contact the radiologist, they are there to explain these findings to you. It takes skill and experience to read ultrasounds. Depending on what the radiologist says, then I would go get a second opinion and may even get another ultrasound. Take care, Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User

You did good girl!!!! You went someplace else, got better care, and more information. You are feisty enough to be your own best advocate. When do you have the biopsy? PLEASE remember, the vast majority of these "cysts" turn out to be benign. It is standard practice for a radiologist to error on the side of being too careful. Breast biopsy's are soooo common and so many of these turn out to be nothing. The trouble with all of these biopsy's, you usually only hear of the ones that turn out to be BC. Many, many, more are NOT. There is no drama in benign breast biopsy's.... no juicy stories. Try to keep your imagination in neutral until you get the result. I have been where you are and it was nearly impossible for me to stay calm.... I cried, I was sick, I made myself miserable.... it was a waste of time. You did an excellent job of being an advocate for yourself. Be strong, and take care, Sharon

Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

The time WILL pass and you WILL get in for the appointment. This is actually one of the worst things about this entire experience.... the unknown. Honestly, I know how you are reacting to this, I did exactly the same thing. Try to be very kind to yourself. Try to do something that brings you joy, this weekend. (retail therapy or a quart of Ben and Jerry's in your favorite flavor.... calories be damned!) When the awful thoughts start creeping into your mind stop them, and just keep saying to yourself, most of these turn out to be benign. Hang in there, gal. Take care, Sharon

Closed Thread