It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

conniestyles HB User
Unhappy Very Scared

I noticed about 3 months ago that I had a small knot under my arm where my bra runs. It was hard and sore. I asked my husband to see if he could feel and he couldn't. Like a lot of people life as been crazy. I had a miscarriage in December and then with 2 kids and a husband and work and well you get the point I have let it go. I notice I have been hurting on my right side around my ribs but never put 2 and 2 together until Tonight. It now runs from under my arm to right up under my right breast! It is sore to touch and is just sore all the time. NOW that I realize what is hurting me I am terrified. I can't sleep. I asked my husband to feel it tonight and he said he could feel it and even see where my skin is raised up some from it. I am suppose to work tomorrow. I need to work tomorrow but I guess I am calling the Doc in the morning. Do any of you have similar stories or am I over reacting?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: Very Scared

I think any time you feel something that is not supposed to be there you need to have it checked. There could be all sorts of things it could be. Breast cancer is only one.... but there are a ba-zillion other benign things that could cause this. For your own peace of mind, get it checked out asap. This thing is just adding to your pile of life-stress. You need to take one thing off your list.... this bump. I think your health both mental and physical is most important. Please let me know what you find out. Hang in there and take care, Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
(female)

conniestyles HB User

Thank you Sharon! I went to the Doctor and she did feel it. Said it is probably a cyst. I have fiber cystic breast and with me being on the younger side she said more than likely that is what it is. To me, this one feels different than my normal cyst. She does want to make sure that is what it is. So I go for a Mammogram and ultrasound Monday. That is a long wait but guess I have to wait it out. Some tell me that Cancer doesn't hurt. Is that true or can it cause pain? Cause this thing hurts. lol!

Old 04-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User

I have had breast cancer... the lump I felt was like I had a piece of cauliflower under my skin. It was not smooth, and you could not feel the edges. It DEFINITLY felt completely than any other lump I had. It also did not hurt. (I found this 7 months after I had a mammogram) BUT... that is not to say that women with breast cancer don't have pain. Pain or no pain, the most important thing is to do self checks, each month and get in to your doctor if something doesn't feel right. It is so important for you to be especially diligent with fibrocystic breast tissue. Breast cancer can be a bit more prevelent in fibrocystic breasts. That is what I had also BUT that doesn't mean you are in the line of fire for developing breast cancer. It is more difficult to get a clear mammogram with dense breast tissue.... that is the issue. That is why it is so important for you to keep up with your self-checks. They should be able to tell from the mammogram and ultrasound on Monday what is going on. You did GOOD GIRL! Please post what the radiologist has to say after your Monday appointment. I will keep the positive thoughts and prayers shooting your way! Hang in there and take care, Sharon

Old 04-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
(female)

conniestyles HB User

I don't know why but my pain seems to be worse tonight. It has also started having a burning sensation.

The following user gives a hug of support to conniestyles:
uptownJ (04-05-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

This is my third time trying to reply, I hope this is the charm! I would take some kind of OTC pain medication like tylenol of ibuprofen. If it isn't better in the morning, call your doctor back. You may, even unconciously, be going back to that area to "check it" thus making it more sore. Worry and anxiety always heightens physiological feelings. I am so glad you are had this checked and your doctor is making very sure by doing the correct tests. I had breast cancer in 2007 and the lump I had was not painful but that is not always the case. The lump I had felt like there was cauliflower under my skin. It was not at all smooth, so the lump had lumps. It also did not have smooth edges, it was very uneven.
You have taken all the steps you need to and your doctor is also doing her part. Try to push the negative thoughts out of your head. Remember.... most of these lumps and bumps we have are benign. Fibrocystic, dense breasts are just lumpier. This type of breast tissue, since it is more dense can be more difficult to get a clear shot with a mammogram. Don't be surprised if they have to take the x-rays more than once. My breasts were the same way. Remember, if you are still in a lot of pain tomorrow, call your doctor. Hang in there... take care, Sharon

Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
(female)

conniestyles HB User

Thank you Sharon. My husband said he noticed last night that it is bigger and that you can see it when I stand up. It is hurting today. But I am trying to stay positive.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Arrrgh! I HATE this kind of stuff and then you have to W-A-I-T for an appointment over the weekend. Hang in there, I have been thinking about you because I have had the same kind of -wait- for various things. Please keep us posted. Take care, Sharon

Old 04-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
(female)

conniestyles HB User

I can't thank you enough for just talking to me!!! The wait sucks. I stay calm but then when he says stuff like that I freak out a little. I am only 30 with 2 small kids. Just scares me to think what if.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

You have a lot at stake with two little ones to care for. I am old enough to be your grandmother's grandmother, but completely understand the stress and disruption this causes in your life. I have great empathy for you and this wait you are enduring. It is the least I can do to supply a tiny bit of support. I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Every hour that passes is an hour closer to your appointment and some answers. You have done your part and I just hope you can find some fun in (at least) part of your weekend. Big hugs to you. It is a such a stressful burden.

Again, hang in there.... Sharon

Closed Thread