It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
(female)

aspiesmom HB User
Linear calcification and biopsy results tomorrow

Hello folks,

I have linear calcification, already had the biopsy, now tomorrow I get the results. I get the hint that its cancer, they will tell me nothing on the phone, and I received no results in the mail. The only thing that scares me is that they called me and moved UP the appointment urgently from Monday to tomorrow, that's the part I don't get. When I had my diagnostic after the mammogram (and before my biopsy on March 19th), they told me the worst scenario is an early catch of breast cancer. That to me is not drama, am I wrong? Why did they rearrange my biopsy results appointment to tomorrow, put me with the head doctor, and tell me that someone MUST come with me to hear the results?

Thanks for any and all feedback TONITE!
aspiesmom

The following user gives a hug of support to aspiesmom:
Angelalovew (04-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: Linear calcification and biopsy results tomorrow

I have had several friends who have had biopsy's for this condition. A couple have turned out to be DCIS which is a pre-cancerous condition. They were both staged at Stage 0. One was in my best friend who is 12 years out now and the other is in a woman in her early 40's just completing treatment. I can imagine why they moved up your appointment but I would also be suspicious. I know right now you are sick with worry but you will get the information you need tomorrow. I wish there was something I could do to help you at this point. You will be ok, no matter what. I don't know how old you are (or young) but I have had lots more friends have this be totally benign and only two with the test coming back positive. Hang in there.... I have had breast cancer and just returned from my check up with my oncologist today. 5 years cancer free. Mine was early stage and breast cancer and its isn't what it used to be. Again... hang in there gal, you will be ok. Take care, Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
(female)

aspiesmom HB User

Big (((HUG))) Sharon, you helped me sleep through tonite ...will promise to update tomorrow nite

The following user gives a hug of support to aspiesmom:
Angelalovew (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User

Again.... hang in there. I will be anxious to hear. I know how terrifying this is because one hears about breast cancer ALL THE TIME. Big positive hugs to you. Please keep me posted. Take care, Sharon

Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
(female)

aspiesmom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownJ View Post
I have had several friends who have had biopsy's for this condition. A couple have turned out to be DCIS which is a pre-cancerous condition. They were both staged at Stage 0. One was in my best friend who is 12 years out now and the other is in a woman in her early 40's just completing treatment. I can imagine why they moved up your appointment but I would also be suspicious. I know right now you are sick with worry but you will get the information you need tomorrow. I wish there was something I could do to help you at this point. You will be ok, no matter what. I don't know how old you are (or young) but I have had lots more friends have this be totally benign and only two with the test coming back positive. Hang in there.... I have had breast cancer and just returned from my check up with my oncologist today. 5 years cancer free. Mine was early stage and breast cancer and its isn't what it used to be. Again... hang in there gal, you will be ok. Take care, Sharon
Thank you so much for your reassurance. The behavior of the ob/gyn's office is what has me scared, not the reality. I have been told by radiologist and I have read that linear microcalification is a very early catch of breast cancer, and that is the whole point of mammograms, to catch these things before symptoms show. I have NO symptoms, no buckling or leaking or bumpy or lumpy or painful breasts, nothing but these linear microcalcifications.

Please be honest, have you or anyone else heard of early breast cancer getting metastasized quickly or in the bloodstream?

PS I am 54 and my appt is 3:40pm EST

Old 04-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

I have never heard of this type of breast cancer metastsizing. Your radiologist IS telling the truth, and in your age bracket is when I have heard of this showing up. This is exactly what mammograms are supposed to catch. Again, I have had many pals who have had these microcalcifications show up and they have been benign. More than have been malignant. I want to you to contact me when you get back from your appointment. Honestly, I wish the ob/gyn office had not made this such a drama for you. Hang in there and I will be waiting to hear from you. Take care, Sharon

Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
(female)

aspiesmom HB User

Hi Sharon, first I want to give you a (((BIG HUG))) and thank you so much for reaching out to me and being there when I need a breast buddy

I have news:
It is cancer in my right breast, an early catch apparently, my ob/gyn thinks Stage I, more tests and surgery will tell the whole story. I asked her if I am in a life-threatening stage at this point and she said NO. I sure am glad I went on that digital mammography bus at my job last February! They want to start an aggressive program right away. It is an invasive cancer so I am going to follow her instructions quickly. I have to schedule an MRI first, then fairly soon I am going to have an appointment with a surgeon (She is my ob/gyn's favorite for this kind of surgery.) It will be a lumpectomy, right mascectomy or both mascectomies so they'll match (I think my option, not sure yet). Then followup with radiation after that definitely, and chemo maybe. She said it will take the next 6 months of my life to finish the treatment, then of course after that I will be closely monitored. I am so grateful that I changed my insurance to Avmed on January 1st and I just qualified for the Sick Leave Pool at work last week!

God is great

I am going to look into organic foods that fight breast cancer.

I will not be telling my son anything . He has autistic spectrum disorder and needs to get through just 24 more days of this hardworking semester (he is on his 4th graphic design project now!) He got an 86 B+ on his graphic design poster of himself, I'm so proud of him!

That is everything for now. Thank you so much Sharon for giving your time to share all your feedback and reassurances with me, you helped me get through last nite with a good nite's sleep more than you know! This is a lot easier to handle than I thought.

Best! aspiesmom

Last edited by Administrator; 04-06-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Oh darlin' I am sorry for this news BUT even in a diagnosis of breast cancer this is GOOD NEWS! This IS early stage cancer and there are treatments galore to cure you. I also had invasive ductal carcinoma.... THE MOST COMMON FORM OF BREAST CANCER! About 80% breast cancers are invasive so they know the most about these types. They will stage your cancer, and your treatment will be tailored just for you. They have the ability to look at individual cells. It is like they can look into a crystal ball! No two women have the same type of treatment because these cells are so individual. I chose to have a mastectomy with no reconstruction (I could have had a lumpectomy). I was and am happy with my decision. It is just a personal decision you can talk over with your surgeon.

I am very glad to hear you are set with insurance and sick time. That can be such a huge source of worry. How wonderful they brought in a bus for mobile mammograms. You will probably end up being "poster girl" for finding breast cancer at early stage. You are going to be ok, you are NOT going to die! Be prepared when you tell your friends, co-workers, and relatives about this. Lots of them are going to give you "The Pity Look." They will be thinking you're a goner. Do NOT listen to negative stories. Stop people from telling you about Aunt Betty who died.... You are NOT Aunt Betty and breast cancer treatment in this day and age are not the same as in "Aunt Betty's Day." Be careful about going to different sites and reading about breast cancer. The one referred for you to read is a good one! Be careful, because some of these sites will only scare and depress you. Please, please, keep in mind, this is where doctor's want to find BC, at this very early stage. You WILL be one of the survivors! I have walked the path you are on right now. You be brave, and realize there are ba-zillions of women who have been there, done that. You WILL be ok. I hope we can keep in contact and don't be afraid to ask any of your doctors if you have questions. I am sorry to hear about the diagnosis but very thrilled to hear what it is and at such an early stage. Like my doctor told me, "Yes you have breast cancer but you have the good kind." Your son sounds like he is also in a good place and has worked very hard. You are his Mom who knows what is best for him. Hang in there, God will always be next to you. Big huge healing hugs, you will be ok. Please keep in touch. God's blessings, Sharon

The Following User Says Thank You to uptownJ For This Useful Post:
aspiesmom (04-06-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
(female)

aspiesmom HB User

God bless you Sharon, your information has been the most useful and reassuring of all people I have spoken to! Helps to talk to you who have been there done that Blessings, aspiesmom

Old 04-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

I am glad my bla-bla has helped. It is just from my experience and knowing a lot of women who are ALL ALIVE today after going through breast cancer. As you go along, you will actually become less anxious. It sounds really odd, but as you see your treatment path laid out in front of you, the terror of the unknown will melt away. You actually already have a lot more information as to what you have.
My advise to you as you start out.... get a large 3 ring binder and a hole punch. Get business cards from each of the offices you visit and tape them on the inside of the cover. ASK FOR COPIES OF EVERY TEST YOU GET. They have to give them to you and are usually happy to. Put them in the binder and carry that thing with you to every appointment. You will be surprised how often you have to leaf through it to share some information from one office to another. It saves a lot of time and each office will have all of your information always at hand. ALWAYS be polite and pleasent but be your own best advocate. Question something that doesn't sound right. Ask for clarification. Doctor's/nurses make mistakes, you have to be on top of your game and be your best advocate. As you go to these first information appointments, take a family member or a good friend with you to take notes and LISTEN. Your head will be swimming with the information and the understandable fear you will have. You will forget half of the stuff so you really need to have someone help you remember what the doctor told you. You just put on your big girl panties and march right through this challenge. I can assure you, you will be a much stronger women for the experience. I know you would much rather be doing anything else but for some reason this is what's in your life plan. You WILL get through this, and you WILL BE OK! You will join your other "sister's" and beat this disease.... I have no doubt. You got a lot of company out here. If you need any information I would certainly try to share what I know or point you in the right direction. Hang in there, gal. God will always be there for you. Take care, and big huge healing hugs, Sharon

Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
(female)

aspiesmom HB User

A year later Sharon, and I followed ALL of your advice, carried that notebook binder filled with EVERYTHING I needed, and brought my 86 yo Dad (actually, he insisted on being with me at all times, BLESS HIS HEART) with me EVERYWHERE... and dare I say it? I am cured of breast cancer !!! You ARE an angel Sharon And you made me so laugh out loud when you told me to put my big girl panties on and be my politest best self-advocate Love Kathy

Reply Reply