It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

foxygranma HB User
Talking Discoloration on left breast

For the past 6 months I have a bruise like discoloration on my left breast, there is no pain to the touch it's just sitting there. Should I panic not due for OBYN for another year.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: Discoloration on left breast

After having breast cancer, my best pro-active advice would be anytime you have ANY change in your breast, it is time to get it checked out. Inflammatory breast cancer is one of the nastiest varieties of BC and first signs are changes in the skin. Usually it gets an appearance of orange peel, red, rash, or thickening of the skin. Thankfully, this aggressive form of cancer is one of the more rare types. I have even heard of some doctors, brushing it or messing about with creams to treat the rash.... thinking it is only a rash. I would suggest you put the bug in your doctor's ear and bring up the term inflammatory breast cancer. You may also only have a blood vessel... almost like varicose vein showing through the skin. Do not lose sleep over this as most of these breast things turn out to be a big fat nothing. If it does turn out to be something, best deal with it asap. Good luck to you and keep us posted. Take care, Sharon

The Following User Says Thank You to uptownJ For This Useful Post:
foxygranma (04-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread