It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #16
(female)

txjam HB User
Re: just had a core needle biopsy

Dear soyaandpepper, I had 4 chemo treatments of AC and 4 treatments of TC. I had my chemo first because my oncologist wanted to see if the treatment was working and my tumor was the size of a golf ball and it shrunk continuously so that when I was finished with treatments it was a small lump 9 mm in size. I was greatful I had not had any surgeries because I was able to see if the tumor responded to treatment and had it not I would have known and been able to change treatments. Now as to radiation, I had my mastectomy before radiation because my tumor was so large and my breast so small that when they went in to do a lumpectomy if I had chosen that there would have been so little breast tissue left that when I had radiation the tissue would have been rendered not viable and reconstruction would have been next to impossible. so I chose to have mastectomy so that I will be able to have reconstruction without difficulty. As for radiation my tumor was so invasive and had already spread to my two nodes under my arm and I was triple negative which basically means that the tumor had 1% that was progesterone based and 10% of the tumor was progesterone based so that leaves 89% of the tumor we do not know where it came from. I was also her2 negative so I could not use herceptin. There are so many different caveats to this so there is a book called Be A Survivor by Vladimir Lange and he wrote this when his wife who was a doctor as well as he himself was a doctor but she developed breast cancer. It is a very informative book. I would suggest it to anyone going through this. You are so numb and feel as if you have been sucker punched when you are going through this so you can read this at home or win the doctors office etc at your leisure. This will have all the terminology explained and broken down. Hugs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #17
(female)

Angelalovew HB User

Have you gotten results yet? You are having to wait so so long.
Are you still sore?
I had one done on Friday.... almost a week and its still real sore... and I am swollen.
I go back May 3rd to surgeon for results.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #18
(female)

Soyaandpepper HB User

Hi Angelalovew: I guess you didn't see one of the posts in this thread that I found out I have BC. Sorry if I scared you with my results since I saw that you had yours done and getting back the results on May 3rd but I'm praying that its B9 for you. Please keep me posted as to your results. I find that you're made to wait really long for yours, how are you doing with the wait? I find that the most important thing is to keep yourself busy and do what you normally do like I go to work and the gym as normal. With the soreness, I didn't feel anything much actually. I was back to doing weights at the gym the next day after the biopsy. I just stayed away from doing chest exercises. Have you called the DR office and tell them about your soreness and being swollen? I didn't have anything like that. You had a core biopsy right? On one breast? I had on both breasts. I think you should call the office and tell them and see what they say.

To txjam: Thank you so much for the info and I will check out that book you mentioned for sure. Its so great to actually talk to other women who went through this and come out the other end and willing to talk about their most intimate thing to others on this site. Thanks again!!!!! I'll keep you guys posted. I think I'm going with the Bilateral Mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. Don't want to look over my shoulders for the rest of my life and wonder and do MRI and mammogram every year for the rest of my life either.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #19
(female)

Soyaandpepper HB User

Hi Angelalovew: I guess you didn't see one of the posts in this thread that I found out I have BC. Sorry if I scared you with my results since I saw that you had yours done and getting back the results on May 3rd but I'm praying that its B9 for you. Please keep me posted as to your results. I find that you're made to wait really long for yours, how are you doing with the wait? I find that the most important thing is to keep yourself busy and do what you normally do like I go to work and the gym as normal. With the soreness, I didn't feel anything much actually. I was back to doing weights at the gym the next day after the biopsy. I just stayed away from doing chest exercises. Have you called the DR office and tell them about your soreness and being swollen? I didn't have anything like that. You had a core biopsy right? On one breast? I had on both breasts. I think you should call the office and tell them and see what they say.

To txjam: Thank you so much for the info and I will check out that book you mentioned for sure. Its so great to actually talk to other women who went through this and come out the other end and willing to talk about their most intimate thing to others on this site. Thanks again!!!!! I'll keep you guys posted. I think I'm going with the Bilateral Mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. Don't want to look over my shoulders for the rest of my life and wonder and do MRI and mammogram every year for the rest of my life either.

Closed Thread