It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

Angelalovew HB User
Will not give biopsy results on the phone

This nightmare started on March 20th, me going for my mammagram. A week later, that dreaded phone call that it was abnormal and I had to go back for a spot compression and ultrasound another week later... the radiologist said I could wait 6 months for a repeat mammagram, or have a core needle biopsy... I just stood there and the nurse takes me into a room and sets me up with a surgeon. Another week later, I'm at the Breast Center...I was undressed... another ultrasound, waiting for the biopsy... the radiology doctor says I could come back in 6 months for a repeat mammagram, to see if its changed... or go ahead and have the biopsy... I went ahead had it done last Friday. They will not give me the results on the phone I go tomorrow at 1:45 p.m. I keep telling myself surely they wouldn't have sent me home if they feel its cancer... I am in panic attack mode, so so nauseated... my nerves have taken its toll. Its like I can't even function... my body takes over with nausea and diarrea
Thank you all for putting up with me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
(female)

allbutdissertat HB User
Re: Will not give biopsy results on the phone

Sorry to hear about your story. Please keep us updated on what happens with the office visit. Actually, its pretty standard practice to only give results out in person with the Dr. I've received results both ways, and prefer to be in the office and able to ask questions about where we go next, etc. of the physician. Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User

Hi, I know you must be anxious and worried but you will know tomorrow so try to find something for you to relax and have peace. I would suggest that you take someone with you that you can be with and that can listen to the doctor and write things down for you because it is a shock to our emotional system and many times you don't hear what the doctor is saying. I had breast cancer 12 years ago and had chemo and radiation and I'm still here by the grace of God and many prayers. God bless you and know that many go before you and have survived. Do all you can do and leave the rest in God's hands.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User

SO sorry to hear you are trapped in this personal hell. There is nothing worse that the wait. By the time you receive this you will know the outcome. I will never forget the day I heard the outcome of my biopsy. Unfortunately, the office had no problem, curtly, telling me "You have breast cancer.... sorry, the doctor can't see you for 3 weeks." It was a horror I thought I would wake up from, but didn't. Please let us know how you are. At least, you will not be living in suspense for yet another 6 months. I am glad you chose to do the biopsy. I can assure you, knowing, is much better, no matter what the outcome, than being in the purgatory of not knowing. Take care..... Sharon

Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
(female)

Angelalovew HB User
Smile Thank you Lord!!!!

I got my core biopsy results yesterday and its NOT CANCER!!! I thank the Good Lord!!!!!
I don't need surgery now.... I have to go back in 6 months for a mammagram to make sure it hasn't grown or changed.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: Thank you Lord!!!!

THANK GOD!!!! Doesn't it feel as if the weight of the world has been lifted off of your shoulders? We are ALL celebrating with you. It just shows.... most of these things are not cancer. BUT.... now you know FOR SURE. I am so happy for you. YAHOOOOO!
Take care, Sharon

Old 05-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
(female)

Angelalovew HB User
Re: Thank you Lord!!!!

I am soooooo thankful and I'm praising the good Lord!!!!!
This fear, it overtakes you and its like my whole life was on hold!!!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User

I'm so happy for you. Now stop and smell the roses and enjoy your life each day and live. God bless you.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
(female)

allbutdissertat HB User
Smile Re: Will not give biopsy results on the phone

I am SO HAPPY for you too!! Those are the results that we SO appreciate!! Blessings to you.................

Closed Thread