HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Breast (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-breast/)
-   -   waiting for biopsy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-breast/901612-waiting-biopsy.html)

mssunshine71 05-20-2012 10:48 AM

waiting for biopsy

I am anxiously waiting my biopsy. i have a 3cm x 4cm irregular hard lump in my breast and a history of cancer. Trying not to obsess but it's so hard.

slenderella 05-20-2012 11:02 AM

Re: waiting for biopsy

wishing you a benign result. The waiting is the worst part!! Let us know....

blessings, Sue

mssunshine71 05-20-2012 01:12 PM

Thank you Sue :)

uptownJ 05-20-2012 02:32 PM

Been there, done that.... Universally, waiting for this type of test result is like torture. In my case, I didn't have to wait long as the dr. doing the biopsy told me to expect mine to be breast cancer. No surprise when I received the call. Thankfully, most lumps are not cancer. I have reached the 5 year mark.... healthy, and cancer free. I hope and pray you a benign finding. Take care, Sharon

mssunshine71 05-20-2012 03:17 PM

Oh wow, I hope the dr. doing the biopsy says something. My doc says it doesn't look good but there is a slight chance it's a calcification due to my breast implants. He sent me for an emergency mammogram when he saw the lump. The technician said it could be up to two weeks for the results due to the long weekend but I received a call the next morning from both the hospital and the doctor. Still a glimmer of hope but not much. 5 year mark is wonderful! Congratulations Sharon! My mother is not quite 2 years yet.

mssunshine71 05-26-2012 10:11 AM

I finally had the biopsy yesterday! They took 10 samples! No the wait for the results. I have a consult with the surgeon on the 30th. He should have the preliminary by then. Fingers crossed!

mssunshine71 05-27-2012 08:02 PM

Is anyone else going this crazy waiting?!

lild4 05-31-2012 03:19 PM

I can imagine your anxiety. I am just waiting for a mammogram and that is driving me crazy.

Hope all is well with your results.

Positive thoughts your way.

mssunshine71 06-06-2012 11:52 AM

The results from the biopsy was DCIS. I had the lumpectomy and SNB yesterday. I feel pretty good today. Now the two week wait for the results. Here we go again. :S

How did your mammogram go lild?

What was your Dx uptown?

lild4 06-06-2012 01:24 PM

I'm praying for you. You will get through this. I good friend is 3 years out after being diagnosed with triple negative. She had such a positive outlook. She is doing well and is cancer free.

I go Friday for my mammogram, the day after my birthday.

Hugs to you.

mssunshine71 06-07-2012 06:21 AM

Today must be your birthday then lild4. Hope you have a wonderful day! Good luck tomorrow with the mammogram.
I'm feeling pretty good today. I'm going to have a shower and change the dressings so it will be my first time looking under the bandages :S I'm sure it can't be too bad.

lild4 06-11-2012 06:49 AM

How are you doing? My thoughts are with you.
Thank you for the b-day wishes. It was a quiet one. My appointment was rescheduled so I'm still waiting.

Take care of your self.

mssunshine71 06-11-2012 07:10 AM

Oh wow, such a long wait. When is ur next appt.? Is it a diagnostic mammogram? The wait is definitely the worst!

I'm doing pretty good. Going back to work tomorrow. My follow-up isn't till the 25th when I find out the full pathology and treatment plan but the first wait was far worse than this one. At least I know somewhat what I am dealing with. I'm feeling pretty confident about the results and think I may only have to do RADS. I can handle that and prob. still work.

Hope you had a stress-free weekend :)

pearl08 06-12-2012 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=mssunshine71;4987243]I finally had the biopsy yesterday! They took 10 samples! No the wait for the results. I have a consult with the surgeon on the 30th. He should have the preliminary by then. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

hello, I had a node and a cyst in my left breast and it was sore for a bit and next that i know it ballooned went to gyn they put me on antibiotics but wasnt working i am now currently on my thrid round of antibiotics last week i went for my biopsy and when the doc saw it she had to drain it but in the mist of draining it she also took some culture of it as well but i ended up in the emergency surgery that afternoon, needless to say that the intraveinous antibiotic that they gave me did not work, I got a call from the doctors and they told me that the culture they took showed that the clindamyicin was not effective because the bacteria was resistant, so now im taking Dicloxacillin finger crossed that this one works but now i got to deal with a gapping hole in my breast and a nurse that comes to the house to change the packing everyday for the next two weeks.

mssunshine71 06-13-2012 10:06 PM

That sounds awful Pearl. I hope the new antibiotic is working for you. Praying you heal well (hugs)