It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

mssunshine71 HB User
waiting for biopsy

I am anxiously waiting my biopsy. i have a 3cm x 4cm irregular hard lump in my breast and a history of cancer. Trying not to obsess but it's so hard.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: waiting for biopsy

wishing you a benign result. The waiting is the worst part!! Let us know....

blessings, Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
(female)

mssunshine71 HB User

Thank you Sue

Old 05-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User

Been there, done that.... Universally, waiting for this type of test result is like torture. In my case, I didn't have to wait long as the dr. doing the biopsy told me to expect mine to be breast cancer. No surprise when I received the call. Thankfully, most lumps are not cancer. I have reached the 5 year mark.... healthy, and cancer free. I hope and pray you a benign finding. Take care, Sharon

Old 05-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
(female)

mssunshine71 HB User

Oh wow, I hope the dr. doing the biopsy says something. My doc says it doesn't look good but there is a slight chance it's a calcification due to my breast implants. He sent me for an emergency mammogram when he saw the lump. The technician said it could be up to two weeks for the results due to the long weekend but I received a call the next morning from both the hospital and the doctor. Still a glimmer of hope but not much. 5 year mark is wonderful! Congratulations Sharon! My mother is not quite 2 years yet.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
(female)

mssunshine71 HB User

I finally had the biopsy yesterday! They took 10 samples! No the wait for the results. I have a consult with the surgeon on the 30th. He should have the preliminary by then. Fingers crossed!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
(female)

mssunshine71 HB User

Is anyone else going this crazy waiting?!

Last edited by mssunshine71; 05-27-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
(female)

lild4 HB User

I can imagine your anxiety. I am just waiting for a mammogram and that is driving me crazy.

Hope all is well with your results.

Positive thoughts your way.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
(female)

mssunshine71 HB User

The results from the biopsy was DCIS. I had the lumpectomy and SNB yesterday. I feel pretty good today. Now the two week wait for the results. Here we go again. :S

How did your mammogram go lild?

What was your Dx uptown?

Old 06-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
(female)

lild4 HB User

I'm praying for you. You will get through this. I good friend is 3 years out after being diagnosed with triple negative. She had such a positive outlook. She is doing well and is cancer free.

I go Friday for my mammogram, the day after my birthday.

Hugs to you.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #11
(female)

mssunshine71 HB User

Today must be your birthday then lild4. Hope you have a wonderful day! Good luck tomorrow with the mammogram.
I'm feeling pretty good today. I'm going to have a shower and change the dressings so it will be my first time looking under the bandages :S I'm sure it can't be too bad.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #12
(female)

lild4 HB User

How are you doing? My thoughts are with you.
Thank you for the b-day wishes. It was a quiet one. My appointment was rescheduled so I'm still waiting.

Take care of your self.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #13
(female)

mssunshine71 HB User

Oh wow, such a long wait. When is ur next appt.? Is it a diagnostic mammogram? The wait is definitely the worst!

I'm doing pretty good. Going back to work tomorrow. My follow-up isn't till the 25th when I find out the full pathology and treatment plan but the first wait was far worse than this one. At least I know somewhat what I am dealing with. I'm feeling pretty confident about the results and think I may only have to do RADS. I can handle that and prob. still work.

Hope you had a stress-free weekend

Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #14
(female)

pearl08 HB User
Unhappy Re: waiting for biopsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssunshine71 View Post
I finally had the biopsy yesterday! They took 10 samples! No the wait for the results. I have a consult with the surgeon on the 30th. He should have the preliminary by then. Fingers crossed!
hello, I had a node and a cyst in my left breast and it was sore for a bit and next that i know it ballooned went to gyn they put me on antibiotics but wasnt working i am now currently on my thrid round of antibiotics last week i went for my biopsy and when the doc saw it she had to drain it but in the mist of draining it she also took some culture of it as well but i ended up in the emergency surgery that afternoon, needless to say that the intraveinous antibiotic that they gave me did not work, I got a call from the doctors and they told me that the culture they took showed that the clindamyicin was not effective because the bacteria was resistant, so now im taking Dicloxacillin finger crossed that this one works but now i got to deal with a gapping hole in my breast and a nurse that comes to the house to change the packing everyday for the next two weeks.

The following user gives a hug of support to pearl08:
mssunshine71 (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
(female)

mssunshine71 HB User

That sounds awful Pearl. I hope the new antibiotic is working for you. Praying you heal well (hugs)

Closed Thread