It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

Jaytee28 HB User
Lump above left breast,but attached to ribs????

Hi Everyone,

First time to post, so would really appreciate any feedback. I went for an ultrasound two weeks ago they found two lumps in the right breast, and diagnosed it to be fibroadenoma. So they didn't pick up the lump in my left Breast which was the reason for me getting a check up, it is above and near my cleavage line, its hard, irregular in shape, lumpy yet flat and somewhat like a growth attached to the ribs. When I feel it I get all sorts of bad feelings about it, and evevn though the doctor felt it too, the ultrasound picked up nothing!!!

My question is, has anyone had a lump like this that went unfound with ultrasounds. Which test picked it up and was it cancerous??

I am only 27years old, with a history of cancer from both sides of family, from Ovarian, Breast, Lung and other types. Closest relation would off course be my mother with Ovarian. I don't want to get all paranoid, but doesn't this increases my chances abit higher for both breast and ovarian cancer??

Any advice would be so helpful??? Thank you all so much, it took a lot out of me to write this even, just fear I suppose.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
(female)

JennyGxx HB User
Re: Lump above left breast,but attached to ribs????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee28 View Post
Hi Everyone,

First time to post, so would really appreciate any feedback. I went for an ultrasound two weeks ago they found two lumps in the right breast, and diagnosed it to be fibroadenoma. So they didn't pick up the lump in my left Breast which was the reason for me getting a check up, it is above and near my cleavage line, its hard, irregular in shape, lumpy yet flat and somewhat like a growth attached to the ribs. When I feel it I get all sorts of bad feelings about it, and evevn though the doctor felt it too, the ultrasound picked up nothing!!!

My question is, has anyone had a lump like this that went unfound with ultrasounds. Which test picked it up and was it cancerous??

I am only 27years old, with a history of cancer from both sides of family, from Ovarian, Breast, Lung and other types. Closest relation would off course be my mother with Ovarian. I don't want to get all paranoid, but doesn't this increases my chances abit higher for both breast and ovarian cancer??

Any advice would be so helpful??? Thank you all so much, it took a lot out of me to write this even, just fear I suppose.
Hiya, not going to be much help, but I have had something similar. I had a smallish hard lump kinda above my right boob, however, this was when I was 15 and I never told anyone, it was obviously nothing as it just went away but I was very very upset and worried about it! I hope this gives you some comfort that it could just be nothing xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
(female)

Jaytee28 HB User
Re: Lump above left breast,but attached to ribs????

Thanks JennyGxx,

Yeah sadly mine has been with me for about 2years, and it took me that long to see a doctor because I live in an isolated place. That lumps seems to be growing and hasn't left, so kinda freaked out abit. I truly hope it's nothing, and thank you so much for your reply, it has brought some comfort and hope that this may disappear!!!! Thanks so much again!

Closed Thread