It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

LOZZIE1 HB UserLOZZIE1 HB User
core biopsy

i posted here last week saying that i had found a marble sized movable lump in my right armpit only a year after being diagnosed with and surviving lung cancer.well,i have had a mammagram and ultrasound and the lump is a lymphnode which is a little swollen but doesnt look suspicious.but the mammagram showed up two tiny,and i mean tiny,about 2-3mm,areas in my right breast.they are not lumps,just little patches that the docter was a little concerned about.he said they could just be normal breast tissue but with my history he didnt want to take any chances with me.i had a core biopsy taken of both areas and he placed a marker next to each one in case of any future surgery being needed as they were so small.i should get the results next week.is there anything these little area's could be besides cancer?and if they are cancerous,how would they remove them if they are so small?or would they just give me chemo or radio.i would be grateful for any input as my mind is going into overdrive with all the what if's.thankyou.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Re: core biopsy

The patches could be calcium deposits. Several years ago I had multiple mammograms for some white patches that were in an area that was difficult to get on film. They were calcium deposits. I now have digital mammograms and the patches are still there and they haven't changed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: core biopsy

There are several things these could be that are NOT cancer. Just like Ginger says, it could be little flecks of calcium, it could be benign cysts, or any number of things. So many more of these biopsies turn out to be nothing and these are also incredibly tiny. Your doctor is just being really proactive which is great. I have had cancer also so I can completely understand why you are very scared but try not to make yourself sick. Waiting for tests is so difficult and it is like your life takes a detour until your test comes back. Please let us know how it turns out. Hang in there & take care, Sharon

Closed Thread