It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
(female)

lucky4714 HB User
breast lump getting bigger

I went to my ob three months ago about a lump i found in my left breast. We had a mammagrame done showed a nine centermiter breast lump.just went back to her again she is sending me back for yet another mammagrame because she feels like there are changes in the lump found before.My mother lost both breast at 41due to breast cancer.When i last spoke with her she keeps saying she wants to wait and see what this mammagrame says.My cocern is i want this seen about like now. I want the mass removed so that nothing further can happen but when i mentioned this to her she just keeps saying lets just watch this carefully. Should i insist on having it seen about are am i being over anxious? Advice needed and would be appreciated. I am 53 years old and have other health issues as well.Thanks Deannie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: breast lump getting bigger

Deannie,
I have had breast cancer. I was mis-diagnosed for 7 months. What I learned from the experience is to become my own best advocate. This is your body, your life.... if your little inner voice is telling you something, listen to it. Insist on further diagnostic tests such as an MRI or biopsy. I would be polite, but insistant. You need answers to give you peace of mind. If your doctor will not refer you to a breast center radiologist to do this, get another doctor. Contact your doctor's office today. Good luck and please keep us posted. Hang in there and don't take no for an answer. YOU GO GIRL! Sharon

The Following User Says Thank You to uptownJ For This Useful Post:
lucky4714 (06-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
(female)

lucky4714 HB User
Re: breast lump getting bigger

Uptown i plan on speaking with her again after the mammagrame i have it done the 26of this month.

The following user gives a hug of support to lucky4714:
uptownJ (06-18-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
breast cancer symptoms