It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

Kellyga HB User
A little concerned

Im not sure where to start with this so I guess I will give a little history first. In late 2008 I had a mamo done because of a small lump in the lower side of my left breast. After the mamo the doc request that I return and have an ultra sound to get a better look. The doc felt that the lump was most likely from caffine, even though I only have 1 cup coffee a day, and that I should return in 6mo for another test. Unfortunately, a few months later my employer closed the doors and in turn it left me jobless and without insurance. Over the last 2 years the lump had grown slowly. It was about the size and shape of my thumb(from the knuckle to tip) 2 months ago. (Also, in Feb this year I found another small, peasize, lump that felt like one of those balls with the nubs all over them but I cant find it anymore). Anyway, a friend of mine told a few months ago that it was probably a cyst and if I was to continue to massage the larger lump that I would soon be able to "pop" it. It did not hurt, so I figured why not. Well, about 3 weeks ago I guess it worked because suddenly I can not find it. The problem now is that my breast is about a 1/2 cup size larger then my other one and I get pains in it off and on thru out the day. Unfortunately, I can barely make enough money to keep my home out of foreclosure and feed my kids let along buy insurance and pay deductables etc. I am just wondering if anyone has ever had something like this happen or ever heard of "massaging" a cyst to make it go away and, of course, how long might this pain and swelling continue?

The following user gives a hug of support to Kellyga:
uptownJ (06-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
(female)

tula12 HB Usertula12 HB User
Re: A little concerned

Please, you must see a doctor and get checked out. Call your local health department, there are programs that you can get into for breast screenings and diagnostic testing. Talk to your mortgage company, maybe you can just make the interest payment and use the rest to see the doctor. Your health comes first so you can be there for your children. Claim bankruptcy (Chapter 13) to save the house. Do whatever it takes to get you checked out.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User

I completely agree with dbcataula12. You definitly need to see a doctor. Contact Planned Parenthood, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen Foundation to get some help. If they can't help, they can refer you to an agency who can. In some States, there are program for low income women's health care. Prayers and positive thoughts going your way. Keep us posted. Take care, Sharon

Old 06-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
(female)

Kellyga HB User

Thank you both for the replys. This just feels so weird to be thinking about this as I have really tried hard not to. I only landed on this site when looking for info about a problem with my "rib head" coming out earlier this week. Somehow I ended up on the message boards and began reading different issues so I, finally after a lot of thinking, decided to try posting. Strange? I guess everything happens for a reason. Something for me to think about.

Anyway, I tried a year ago to get my bank to work with me on the house but was told I would have to let it go further to "see" if I could qualify for help. I really don't want to let it go that far because I may not be able to catch up. I have not thought about filing chap 13 as I am trying as hard as I can to keep my credit from crashing any harder.

I did try the health dept but they do Medicaid and I have to sell all my assets, which is only my car, in order to qualify. It's crazy! My income alone should be (and is) enough to qualify but because I have nothing more then a house note and utilities (basically) then I don't qualify. I thought about taking a lone on my car then applying but I can't even afford to do that. I am definitely going to try to contact some of the places you guys have mentioned. There is also a new, big, cancer center that is about to open up right near my home. Maybe they have some sort of help? I have continued to hope and pray (and apply to MANY places, LOL!) that I could land a job with decent pay and benefits again. My fear is that IF there was to be a problem then I would never be able to find insurance in the future. (Not to mention being able to afford quality care so I could beat it and live to see my kids grow up.) Yes, I do understand, that IF this was something more then just cysts or whatever, that it could mean I my kids don't get to grow up with their Mom. It's a crappy scary feeling either way I go and I hate to think of it.

...I have to go. My son just entered the room and don't want him to see or question me on this site. I will get back with update. Thank you both again. God bless.

Closed Thread