It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
(female)

betsvinnie HB User
Red face my mom recurrence after 35 years!!!!

I myself am a breast cancer survivor.....and I had a false sense of security after going ten years NED......my mom was only 27 when she was given only six months to live because she had a mass as big as a grapefruit, her fifth and sixth rib were involved, and she had 21 positive lymphnodes positive! She had a radical mastectomy and experimental treatments performed on her along with two years of chemotherapy! She survived and 21 years later got it in second breast, but once again beat it! A few months ago she noticed what looked like an ingrown hair in her armpit! It grew into like a small cyst surgeon was sure it was a type of skin cancer, came back the other day Breast Cancer!!!! Growing on the outside of her skin in her armpit???? Now waiting for Medicare to approve a PET scan! But scared to death for her, 35 years, so sad! Our type of cancer is BRCA1 +, and we are Er-
PR-, HER2-, triple negatives.....I am just in shock I guess, and just eagerly awaiting her PET scan, please please say a prayer for my mom Carol.....thank you!!!!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: betsvinnie
Kellyga (06-22-2012), uptownJ (06-22-2012)
Old 06-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
(female)

Kellyga HB User
Re: my mom recurrence after 35 years!!!!

Keeping you, your Mom and your family in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: my mom recurrence after 35 years!!!!

Wow.... what a story. If you think about it, your Mom was a bit of a pioneer in the world of breast cancer treatment. I am sure she is terrified and you are too. There has been so much discovered in the years since your Mom's cancer treatment and a ton of stuff to help get her through this more recent diagnosis. So glad she went in to have it checked by her doctor. I have heard of breast cancer reocurring on the scar from breast cancer surgery so anything is possible. I would have a positive feeling about this and even though it is a reocurrance, much can be done. Prayers for your dear Mom and for you too. She is lucky to have such a loving daughter. Take care, Sharon

Closed Thread