It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
(female)

wendydarling12 HB User
Breast cancer scare... IBC?

HI
About 4 yrs ago I developed a breast infection out of the blue. A year later I had a hard pebble form at 2 o clock in my right breast. I had a biopsy and then a lumpectomy. Everything seemed fine after. About 4 months ago I developed a strange lump in my right armpit and was having some pain in my breast with it. Then I developed a lump near the underside of my breast toward my chest wall. I had a mammogram and songogram a month ago and they called to tell me the sono showed an abnormality and I should go see a surgeon. I have an appointment next week. Last weekend my breast swelled twice its size. It was very noticeable and it felt very warm. Now I am having sharp stabbing pains around my nipple that come and go and I noticed a funny white spot...its hard and kinda waxy looking on my areola. I read about IBC and now I am scared that this really could be cancer this time. Has anyone else ever had an infection and years later developed cancer?

The following user gives a hug of support to wendydarling12:
uptownJ (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: Breast cancer scare...IBC?

Wendy, first ... IBC is a very rare type of breast cancer. Hopefully by now, you have been able to get in to see a surgeon. How are you doing and what did the surgeon have to say? Breast cancer can happen to anyone.... no rhyme or reason to it, unfortunately. You have done all the correct things by having this checked out and proceeding with further testing. Lots of women have abnormal breast things show up and so many of these are nothing.... or something other than breast cancer. Please let us know how you are doing. Take care, Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
(female)

wendydarling12 HB User

Hi Sharon
I am doing well. I went to see the surgeon...she said I do have some thickening in the upper quadrant which could be from getting older, an enlarged axillary lymph node but that could be normal for me...and as far as the burning under my nipple, she was a little concerned that I could be developing another papilloma. I had one a few years ago removed. She said papillomas have a 4% to 15% chance of turning into cancer. My last one was benign. So for now I just have to keep an eye on it and go back in 6 months for a repeat mammogram and sonogram and see her again. I am glad I got it checked out....its scary as you get older...I am now in my 40's and I know women get cancer without having a family history all the time. I am just going to keep an eye on it and stop worrying about it for now. Thanks for responding back. Hope you are doing well
Wendy

Old 07-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User

Wendy, that is a huge relief! Be sure to go back for your check in 6 months. You did the best thing getting it checked out quickly. Take care, Sharon

Closed Thread