It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
(female)

LOZZIE1 HB UserLOZZIE1 HB User
nearly time for my mastectomy

sorry i havent posted for a while,things have been a bit hectic.i have now found out that i have invasive lobular carcinoma in my right breast.i have 2 tiny tumours,both around 7mm in size and i also have lymph node involvement in my right armpit,but after a bone scan and full body ct i am clear of any spread which is good news.i was hoping for a lumpectomy but because i have 2 area's of cancer this is not possible,apparently.my mastectomy is to be done on August 2nd,just 3 days after i get married.no honeymoon for me!!i am more worried about the chemo and radio that will follow.i had chemo for my lung cancer last year but i have read that breast cancer chemo is quite different.will i defiantly lose all my hair?i didnt lose any last year.and i am terrified about losing my eyelashes and eyebrows.i know i sound really vain but these things are part of me and losing a breast is going to be bad enough.i am hoping to be able to carry on working through my treatment if i dont suffer to badly from it.has anyone else managed to work through their chemo?anyway,for now i am just trying to concentrate on my wedding day and the fact i shall be able to enjoy it with both boobs!!!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: LOZZIE1
FM927 (07-18-2012), slenderella (07-18-2012), uptownJ (07-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

uptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB UseruptownJ HB User
Re: nearly time for my mastectomy

I am very happy to hear from you but oh so sad you have joined the club....:-( You WILL get through this but I can't imagine throwing a wedding on top of all of it! Having been through breast cancer and a wedding.... NOT all at the same time.... your plate will be full. Of COURSE the impact of losing a boob, hair, is a big one because it is a visible statement of what you are going through. I must say after having gone through where you are going, "the hair" thing is a bummer. You DO get through it. I would suggest you take this one step at a time. FIRST & FOREMOST, embrace your beautiful wedding and your wonderful husband. Try to shove the next few months out of your mind for right now. You already know what will be happening so don't concern yourself with the breast cancer. When those thoughts creep into your mind, shove them out and focus on your new life. This IS a new life! This may sound odd but I am happy.... if you had to have cancer.... this did not turn out to be a "mets" from your lung cancer. This is different and caught at an early stage. Your CT & bone scans are clear which is a life-affirming celebration in itself. Honestly.... even with a diagnosis of breast cancer, you do have a lot to be happy for. I hope to hear from you again and really will help you along your journey even if it is from half way around the world. I always think of fellow breast cancer ladies as sisters. Your job right now is to enjoy your lovely wedding and really your new life. Hang in there.... take care, your "sister" Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

Bazinga1017 HB User

Lozzie1, I'm so sorry you are going to be going through this. I had bilateral mastectomies with immediate reconstruction in 2012. The time spent waiting before the surgery is so very hard.

Please keep us updated. I will pray for you on the 3rd. And maybe you and your new husband can plan a delayed honeymoon after your chemo. Then you will have lots of things to celebrate!

Old 07-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
(female)

britishlass HB User

Wow, Im sorry you are going through all this, you obviously have had a very full plate, but Sharon is right, you have so much to celebrate too. Have a wonderful wedding. You can take care of the rest after! I have also found out I have two lumps, not one, so mastectomy for me too, I meet with the Plastic Surgeon wednesday for his options. Anyway, here is to a beautiful wedding and a new chapter in your journey!

Closed Thread