It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

LOZZIE1 HB UserLOZZIE1 HB User
hospitalized.

iam afraid i have been a bit slow in posting just lately.i have been using all my energies just to get through my first three rounds of fec chemo and desperately trying to carry on working,just for a bit of normality.then last week something happened to remind me how serious this chemo stuff is.i developed a slight cough.no biggie!!until wednesday afternoon when i suddenly became very ill with a temperature of 39.8 and i was rushed into hospital, where i stayed for the next 6 days,being continuously pumped with antibiotics.the final diagnosis was neutropenic sepsis.i had never heard of this but i hace since learned how serious it can be.as expected my next lot of chemo which was for this week has been delayed.i am a little worried about my next dose as it is for taxotere and i know this is harder on the immume system than the fec.as anyone else been in this situation?is there anything i can do to make sure this doesnt happen again.any advice would be appreciated.

The following user gives a hug of support to LOZZIE1:
redfive (11-29-2012)
Closed Thread