It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
(female)

Cnhi37 HB User
Red face Very Scared. Dr said I have a breast cyst. Sending for more tests.

I've been barely able to function I'm so frightened. I went for my annual gyno exam. A little background, I have severe anxiety and dread going to the doctor. So I mustered up all the courage I could just to go. I was so focused on the uncomfortable part of the exam I had forgotten the do a breast check. So I laid back and she performed the exam on my right breast. She palpitated on one area and a look of concern washed over her face. She said you have a cyst. We need to have checked out. I was in shock.

She made small talk about my kids and I answered but my insides were screaming with fear. She takes me into another room and I'm sure I heard 'breast two inches'...two inches?

I left in a daze, and was called the next morning for bilateral mammogram and ultrasound. They scheduled it for Valentines Day :-( I called back and said could I please have the next available appointment as I was extremely anxious. So they moved me up to Monday.

Now I have barely been able to function. I'm 37 and never even was thinking of mammogram until I was 40. I had a CT scan from the neck down a couple months back for lung nodules the pulmonologist said she was 99.9 sure it wasn't cancer but recommended another CT in six months. Now I'm worried its all connected. My boyfriend tried to reassure me that a CT would have probably picked up a mass in my chest. But I read otherwise.

I just wonder if physicians take into account people's mental conditions. The waiting is agonizing. I've been preparing a will and everything. Not to mention at every phone call I'm afraid my gyno will have results of abnormal pap.

This weekend is going to be agonizing and scary. I just needed an outlet because no one seems to understand what I am going through. Sorry for rambling on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
(female)

ItsMeG HB UserItsMeG HB UserItsMeG HB User
Re: Very Scared. Dr said I have a breast cyst. Sending for more tests.

Cysts are almost always nothing to worry about and are very common for women between their 30's and 50's. They seem to cause the most trouble during the second half of our monthly cycles. They can vary in size and some are painful. I had to have my first mammo at 35 because of cysts and now 5 years later at 40 I still have lots of cysts. Both simple cysts which means they are of no concern and there are complex cysts, which several just showed up on my mammo and ultrasound this week. They too are usually nothing to worry about. I have more than 10 simple cysts in each breast and 3 complex in one and 1 complex in the other. You want to hear the words simple cysts, they are solid black areas that show up on the ultrasound. The waiting is the hardest part! I'm waiting for my biopsies on Wednesday, but will check back before then to see what you find out. Please try to relax. Don't be sorry for rambling on, new health problems are always scary!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
Re: Very Scared. Dr said I have a breast cyst. Sending for more tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnhi37 View Post
I've been barely able to function I'm so frightened. I went for my annual gyno exam. A little background, I have severe anxiety and dread going to the doctor. So I mustered up all the courage I could just to go. I was so focused on the uncomfortable part of the exam I had forgotten the do a breast check. So I laid back and she performed the exam on my right breast. She palpitated on one area and a look of concern washed over her face. She said you have a cyst. We need to have checked out. I was in shock.

She made small talk about my kids and I answered but my insides were screaming with fear. She takes me into another room and I'm sure I heard 'breast two inches'...two inches?

I left in a daze, and was called the next morning for bilateral mammogram and ultrasound. They scheduled it for Valentines Day :-( I called back and said could I please have the next available appointment as I was extremely anxious. So they moved me up to Monday.

Now I have barely been able to function. I'm 37 and never even was thinking of mammogram until I was 40. I had a CT scan from the neck down a couple months back for lung nodules the pulmonologist said she was 99.9 sure it wasn't cancer but recommended another CT in six months. Now I'm worried its all connected. My boyfriend tried to reassure me that a CT would have probably picked up a mass in my chest. But I read otherwise.

I just wonder if physicians take into account people's mental conditions. The waiting is agonizing. I've been preparing a will and everything. Not to mention at every phone call I'm afraid my gyno will have results of abnormal pap.

This weekend is going to be agonizing and scary. I just needed an outlet because no one seems to understand what I am going through. Sorry for rambling on.
I understand , and I"m sure that everyone here does, to some extent or another, the wait for the results is agonizing. I am waiting myself, since I had my biopsy yesterday....and another one on my thyroid the day before, so I understand your anxiety.....I am right there with you.
Central canal stenosis, severe - dia. 3.44 mm

Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
(female)

Cnhi37 HB User
Smile Re: Very Scared. Dr said I have a breast cyst. Sending for more tests.

Thank you for your kind responses. Tomorrow morning is my appointment. I'm told I will know something from the ultrasound but the mammogram results will take a few days. I'm in awe of everyone's bravery on here. I'm so glad I found this board.

Reply Reply