It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

glowing4 HB User
architectural distortion

I just had a mammogram and it came back with architectural distortion in the right breast. My doctor says not to worry, but go for a repeat mammogram. The nurses in the office said the report did not sound concerning too, and one receptionist had this and it was the result of the mammogram having the distortion not the breast! I am so scared as reading on the internet does say that architectural distortion can be a sign of breast cancer. Has anyone had this show up on a mammogram? Can anyone offer some encouragement or experience with this? Really scared!

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

glowing4 HB User
Re: architectural distortion

Anyone????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

It means they didn't get a good picture the first time. Instead of just admitting that, they use all the fancy language. The mammogram needs a do over. That's it. Nothing more.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

glowing4 HB User

Thank you for your response. That is what I am hoping for. I have looked at some of your postings and you seem very medically savvy. Again, thank you for your response.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-19-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

You are most welcome. The same thing happened to a friend of mine. Except they called her on a Friday afternoon and left a message. The office was closed before she could return the call. The poor woman was a wreck all weekend from thinking she had cancer. We were furious when we found out it was just a bad image and the fault of the technician.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

glowing4 HB User

I am going through the same awful weekend as i didn't find out until Friday also. So glad everything was fine with your friend. Hoping to get in somewhere tomorrow and getting good news.

Reply Reply