It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User
Feeling of led down milk, not pregnant, 47 years old

Hi, I am 47. I just had a mammogram and it says I have dense breast and that I needed a sonogram, which I have the apt tomorrow. But since I have been stressing out, I did search myself in the internet. This search has me scared. For few months I have been feeling needle sharp pain in both breast... however, that has ended but I do feel that I have let down milk every day. My daughters are now 3 1/2 and 6 (I only breast-fed for 6 mo to both of them). I don't have any discharge (mild or anything), my breast don't seem different (redness, orange skin, etc), I don't feel any lump. But I DO feel this let down of milk. I have a hole in my stomach after finding out DCIS.

Does any one have the same experience and have been diagnosed with DCIS or anything else?

I have to add that I have had 6 mammograms and the last mammogram came with this findings (dense breasts).

I am so scared it is not even funny.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Feeling of led down milk, not pregnant, 47 years old

** Hugs ** to you, rbettis!

It's very easy to become terrified when you read of the worst possibilities. If you're someone who tends to become fixated on the worst scenarios, then it may be best to avoid reading any medical type of literature and instead focus on support groups to talk to others and be able to vent your feelings.

There are a lot of women who have dense breasts and all that really means is that they can't get a good picture by mammogram so they then need to go to ultrasound or MRI to get clear pictures of what is going on in your breasts.

Many women get sharp pains or strange feelings like milk letting down, but very rarely does this mean you have cancer. You don't have any lumps and so far no findings that would indicate anything that looks like cancer, so it's highly unlikely that you have anything like cancer at this time.

Again, it's very common for women to have dense breasts, and having dense breasts doesn't mean cancer.

I hope you get your sonogram results soon and that you find out everything is just fine.

Feel free to vent on here anytime, and please let us know how everything goes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User
Re: Feeling of led down milk, not pregnant, 47 years old

Thanks Twohands for replaying. I wish I would have read this post prior to my exam. I was up till 4 am looking for symptoms in the Internet. I was so scared. When I went to the office, I am not kidding, I almost fainted. I pray for all these women that are going through this.

My test result was all good. I don't have anything. But when I got in the room, I saw my breast picture, It looked as if it had a lump right behind my nipple. She proceeded to explain why they had called me there. But at this point all I heard was an echo. She even had to bring water to me.

You are right, many women have dense breast, sharp pain and let down milk feeling. But it does not necessary mean cancer. But I still need to ask my OB in next week appointment why I feel this. This nurse told me that I may be getting closer to menopause. We don't know. I feel a lot better in regards pain. Most of it must have been anticipation or over-reaction.

The nurse also told me that if cancer is caught on time, there is a high chance of surviving, so all these ladies have a big shot to life.

If I have any new news I will come back and post, so the ladies that are looking for information can find something in my post.

Again, thanks for taking the time to post!! God bless you.

Reply Reply