It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

Question?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
suzyshop1
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Question?

For a bout a yr and a half, I've been having pain in my lower belly, on the left side, it comes and goes. The pain is too the left side below the belly button. Sometimes the pain hurts more than other times.Ive had a abdominal X-ray,and other tests. I thought it could be maybe a reproductive problem. I have symptoms of ovarian cancer I think. I had a gyno visit, and I also had a vaginal untrasound done. Everything came back as normal, except because of gas problems,the report said my ovaries couldn't be visualized. After that my doctor did no further tests. Yet I'm still left with this off and on pain. Does any of this sound familiar to ovarian cancer survivors. Wondering what next steps I should take? Any suggestions? Anyone, all advice will be apprciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
Froodie
(female)

Froodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB User
Re: Question?

Could it simply be ovulation pain? I used to get this every month.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:02 AM   #3
suzyshop1
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User

I'm in menopause now, I'm 60 yrs old so I'm not sure if that would apply, but thanks for replying.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:41 PM   #4
suzyshop1
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User

Since I last posted, I now have a new symptom, I'm starting to have an aching pain in my vaginal area. I already had Pap smear and transvaginal sonigram, the sonigram seemed to be normal, except they couldn't view my ovaries.Could this be a symptom of ovarian cancer?I don't know who to call to report this new symptom, my family doctor or gynecologist, have any suggestions? Thanks fir any replies.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:15 AM   #5
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Any pain in your lady parts you should start with your gyno.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:10 AM   #6
STLouisgal
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Have bowel problems been ruled out such as via colonoscopy? My husband gets pain on the lower left side if his diverticulosis flares up. I have some discomfort on that side when I get "backed up."

Old 09-30-2017, 01:04 PM   #7
suzyshop1
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User

Had a colonoscopy done when I first started having symptoms, I had some non cancerous polyps removed, and that was it.Pain continues off and on, so I went to the gyno. They did Pap smear, and transvaginal test, everything looked fine, excerpt the report said my ovaries couldn't be visualized because of gas, whatever that means. I'm still havent pain off and on, but my family doctor doesn't seem to concerned, about getting down to the bottom of finding out what's causing the pain.Im thinking about getting a second opinion,I don't drive, so my hubby takes me to my appts.I really don't know the procedure for getting my medical records released to me, so I can get that second opinion. Not only that where I live at,it's hard to find a doctor to take on new patients, and since I don't drive,we have to find a doctor with the right hrs, so it won't interfere with my hubbys working hrs.Our financial position right now is iffy, so it nots like my hubby can just take off anytime he feels like it. I feel like I'm living in limbo and I'm angry because my gp doesn't seem to care about what's going on.I do know one thing, if this turns out to be ovarian cancer, I will get the best lawyer I can and sue, for medical malpractice!Its ridiculous that because a doctor can't diagnose something right away, they just give up, and assume all is ok!Thanks for replying to my post.

Last edited by suzyshop1; 09-30-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:11 PM   #8
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You should be seeing a gyno. Call your current doctor and ask for the form to sign to have your records sent to the gyno. They can mail or email it to you. You send it back, they send the records. Or if your doctor uses an online portal for patients to access their information, you probably can find most of it there.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:36 AM   #9
rebecca70
(female)

rebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyshop1 View Post
Had a colonoscopy done when I first started having symptoms, I had some non cancerous polyps 'llremoved, and that was it.Pain continues off and on, so I went to the gyno. They did Pap smear, and transvaginal test, everything looked fine, excerpt the report said my ovaries couldn't be visualized because of gas, whatever that means. I'm still havent pain off and on, but my family doctor doesn't seem to concerned, about getting down to the bottom of finding out what's causing the pain.Im thinking about getting a second opinion,I don't drive, so my hubby takes me to my appts.I really don't know the procedure for getting my medical records released to me, so I can get that second opinion. Not only that where I live at,it's hard to find a doctor to take on new patients, and since I don't drive,we have to find a doctor with the right hrs, so it won't interfere with my hubbys working hrs.Our financial position right now is iffy, so it nots like my hubby can just take off anytime he feels like it. I feel like I'm living in limbo and I'm angry because my gp doesn't seem to care about what's going on.I do know one thing, if this turns out to be ovarian cancer, I will get the best lawyer I can and sue, for medical malpractice!Its ridiculous that because a doctor can't diagnose something right away, they just give up, and assume all is ok!Thanks for replying to my post.

Reply Reply