It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2003, 01:11 PM   #1

liz109 HB User
LEEP is tomorrow!!!!

Wow, finally--my day has come for my LEEP! I seem like I have been waiting forever!
Anyways, I will be going in tomorrow afternoon for my first (and hopefully LAST) LEEP for severe dysplasia.

I know the chances of it actually progressing into cancer are slim, but I was just wondering if this procedure is actually used to DIAGNOSE cancer? How do the docs come to the conclusion that you have cervical cancer? How long did it take to get your results back? Should I be more suspicious if my margins don't come back clear?

I know that it sounds like I'm panicing, but really I'm not. Just a couple of questions. I have gotten NO information from my docs. I had to call and ask how they perform the procedures (local anestesia, etc). I got all my information from the www. This website has been a blessing.
Thank you all for your support.
I will let you know how everything turns out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2003, 05:41 PM   #2

becky1954 HB User
leep

I had a leep done about 10 days ago. My doctor said it takes 5-10 business days to find out the results. I still haven't heard anything. I went to see my doc last week because I got like a period about Wednesday and I am on menopause and I haven't had a period for 2 years. But she said that was normal. So don't be surprised if you have a vaginal discharge or spot. Good luck. :
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz109
Wow, finally--my day has come for my LEEP! I seem like I have been waiting forever!
Anyways, I will be going in tomorrow afternoon for my first (and hopefully LAST) LEEP for severe dysplasia.

I know the chances of it actually progressing into cancer are slim, but I was just wondering if this procedure is actually used to DIAGNOSE cancer? How do the docs come to the conclusion that you have cervical cancer? How long did it take to get your results back? Should I be more suspicious if my margins don't come back clear?

I know that it sounds like I'm panicing, but really I'm not. Just a couple of questions. I have gotten NO information from my docs. I had to call and ask how they perform the procedures (local anestesia, etc). I got all my information from the www. This website has been a blessing.
Thank you all for your support.
I will let you know how everything turns out!
[FONT=Arial Black]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread