It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2003, 08:19 PM   #1

mysterious76 HB User
can you exercise after LEEP?

Thanks to everyone who has been responding and sharing their experiences. I have a quick question: I had my LEEP 5 days ago and have been taking it somewhat easy, but I'm starting to want to do some exercise. I am not used to being so idle. Anyway, I know I've read that you should not do vigorous exercise for one month, but what is vigorous? Can I power walk? Can I use weights to do some toning? Can I play touch football (i'm on a team)? I'm starting to feel gross and flabby and my 10-yr reunion is next month. I won't do it if I really shouldn't, but just wondering what you know about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2003, 10:36 PM   #2

Weebs37 HB User
Re: can you exercise after LEEP?

Mysterious,

Okay, here is what I did. I had my LEEP on 11/12 and decided to take it easy for the first few days. I'm usually very active, so this was very difficult. I know what you're going through. By Friday, I was climbing the walls, so I decided to go for a brisk walk and ride the stationary bike. I also had to start back to work that next Monday and I'm on my feet walking back and forth for about 6 hrs. straight. I started to bleed a little more that night, but really didn't think anything of it. By Wednesday, I felt like I was having my period because I was bleeding pretty good. Not saturating a pad or anything, but it wasn't just spotting either. I was supposed to go into work that night, but went to the doctor instead to see what she thought. She looked and saw that there was a blood vessel that she needed to put more Monsel solution on. After that I was fine and I just have a little spotting now.

I asked her if the bleeding started because I was too active and she said no. I explained to her that I had started back lifting weights and bike riding, etc. No high impact and no leg lifting. Too heavy. She advised me that none of that had anything to do with my bleeding. She said to go ahead and exercise, the healing was going along well.

So, all I can advise you is, if you feel like exercising, go for it. It will probably end up making you feel better. I know it did me. If you find that you start to have more of a discharge, then lay off a little. At least, this is what my doc said.

She also said I can have sex as soon as I don't have anymore discharge. And my husband keeps asking.

Let me know how it goes.

Weebs

The Following User Says Thank You to Weebs37 For This Useful Post:
Desertgal28 (04-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2003, 10:36 PM   #3

Lucky87531 HB User
Re: can you exercise after LEEP?

Mysterious, I would say that power-walking is ok. I dont know about lifting any though. That would probably make you put a lot of stress and pressure down there if you're flexing your stomach and trying really hard. I guess i would just say start off easy, and see what your limits are. It is important to let your cervix heal the best that it can though, so dont go all out!!! Good luck!

Annie

Closed Thread