It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

MelodieC HB User
Question Severe Dysplasia with Glandular Invovlement

I just went to my doctor today and he told me that the results of my colposcopy showed "sever dysplasia with glandular involvement." He also said that this is "very concering." I am scheduled for a cone biopsy in late Jan. I asked it the biopsy will be more of a diagnostic test or a cure and he said he wouldn't know until he got the results back. I was also told before I had my colposcopy that my pap came back with the cervical cancer causing HPV (whichever one that is, I can't keep anything straight anymore!) What does all of this mean? The whole glandular involvement thing is freaking me out a little bit. Should I be worried? Could this be cancer?

Thank you!

Old 12-30-2004, 10:14 AM   #2
(male)

Julie02 HB User
Re: Severe Dysplasia with Glandular Invovlement

Hi,
From my understanding there are two cell types of the cervix which can be affected: squamous and glandular. Most (90%) have squamous lesions, thus the diagnosis of CinI,II,III. If glandular cells are involved it may present as a lone occurance or with squamous infection (sounds like what you have?) Did they do an ECC during your colposcopy? If this was positive then you have glandular involvement. It is also difficult to understand since different pathology labs/ gyns categorize lesions slightly differently. I was diagnosed with a glandular lesion. But on my path report from the histology specimen it stated reactive squamous and endocervical (glandular) changes. Also, my ECC (endocervical curretage) was normal which doesn't match up completely with my lesion. The endocervical canal is comprised mainly of glandular cells. Although, the transformation zone is comprised of both squamous and glandular cells. Let me know if you have any more information on your results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread