It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2003, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

ginger77 HB User
Question Pregnancy after LEEP Procedure for dysplasia

Tomorrow I have to have a LEEP procedure done to remove precancerous cells (moderate-sever dysplasia), have any of you had this done or know someone who has had this done who later went on to have children. In the next few years, I really want to start having children and I am afraid that this procedure might complicate that.
Any info would help.

Old 05-20-2003, 01:00 PM   #2

chloebug HB User
Hi
about a year ago my doctor discovered I had dysplasia. I had the laser procedure done, believe it or not I had a pap done six months after and it was still there it just went from moderate to mild.
He said this would have no effect on me as far as having children he just can't do the procedure again untill I have all my children so that it does not weaken my cervix. My friend had the loop procedure done and is now 4 months pregnant. Nothing to worry about just follow up with your doctor.
Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 01:03 PM   #3

ready4three HB User
I have been searching for information on the internet regarding getting pregnant after a LEEP. I had one in April 2001 and have been trying to get pregnant since April with no luck. Since it has been awhile since your post were you able to get pregnant?

Old 10-15-2003, 09:19 AM   #4
Inactive

KimRick HB User
I've already had one LEEP done and I'm waiting to have the second. I already have a 7 year old daughter and would LOVE:love1" to have another (just 1 more)! I was told by the nurse in my dr's office that the more LEEP procedures that you have done, the less chance you have of carrying a baby to full term, because the LEEP consists of taking away pieces of your cervix which, in turn, makes it difficult to either get pregnant or carry the baby. In some cases, they actually stich (with stiches) your cervix together to prevent the baby from falling out.

Old 10-15-2003, 01:39 PM   #5

kmas HB User
Ready4three -
I too am concerned about the same thing you are. I had a LEEP last month (I found out I had to have it in the same month that my husband and I decided to start trying for a family). Needless to say - that plan is on hold until my cervix is healed. The margins from my LEEP were positive - which means there is a good chance I will have to have the LEEP again. When I asked my doctor if having the 1st LEEP (and possibly a 2nd LEEP) would decrease my chances of having a baby - he said it should not have any significant affect. I just don't understand how cutting away pieces of your cervix would not have ANY affect on pregnancies. It must have some negative affects. Keep me posted if you get pregnant (as I am a few months away from trying myself).

Kmas

Closed Thread