It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2003, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

ginger77 HB User
Question Odor and Discharge after LEEP

Last Wednesday I had the LEEP procedure done and since then I have had a slight discharge (which is normal) but there has also been an unplesant odor. I shouldn't have an infection since my doctor gave me antibiotics to take. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Is having an odor normal after the procedure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2003, 06:27 AM   #2
(female)

LeesGirl HB User
Hello! I am going to have a Leep done sometime soon. My doctor said that I will experience discharge (that could last up to the full 6 weeks for healing...Ugh) and that it may be a horrible odor. So, I would say that it is normal, but I would check with your doctor just to make sure.
Let me know how long it lasts and how the procedure and aftermath is...I am getting married in 8 weeks and this is not what I want to be dealing with. But, my fiance said that my health is more important than having sex on our honeymoon, etc... (I am lucky to have him).
Good luck with your healing. You are in my thoughts
Born: 10/23/04 10:41pm
6 pounds 8 ounces
17.5 inches long

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2003, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

ginger77 HB User
So far, I still have the odor and some discharge, but other than that all is well. It hasn't even been a week so I think it will be fine. I will keep you posted and will let you know how long it lasts. Good luck with your procedure.

Old 05-26-2003, 07:27 PM   #4
(female)

LeesGirl HB User
Talking

Thanks, and I will keep you updated on mine. I am waiting to hear when they can "squeeze" me in. I just want it over with and to be on my way to good health.

Also if you could keep me updated with yours, I'd really appreciate it. Let me know of any details you think I should know... How heavy the discharge is (maxi pad or mini pad..ahhaha!), the pain with healing, etc. Also, did your doctor say anything about exercising afterward? Boy...I am sorry I have so many questions... I am just nervous that I won't be able to enjoy the next 8 weeks of upcoming wedding things (Jack and Jill, Bach Party, the Wedding and Honeymoon)... and Plus,,,,I am such a wimp when it comes to pain!
Well, once again, good luck healing and you are in my thoughts Let me know your results when you hear from the doctor, too
Born: 10/23/04 10:41pm
6 pounds 8 ounces
17.5 inches long

Old 05-26-2003, 08:43 PM   #5
(female)

ginger77 HB User
You shouldn't have to wear a thick maxi pad after the procedure if all goes well. I didn't have any bleeding, just some discharge. A thin maxi (not a panty liner) should be enough. As for pain, I didn't have any real pain from the procedure, as my doctor used extra anesthetic to numb the whole area of the cervix. Though having an extra large speculum in you for 20 minutes is nonetheless uncomfortable. For the remainder of the day after the procedure, I felt a little uncomfortable, but I wasn't in pain. The next day I felt fine.

As for excercisng, my doctor said not to do much for the next 4 weeks, nor insert anything into the vagina (so no tampons or sex). I guess they say this so nothing gets in the way of the cervix completely healing. If you have the procedure done soon, you should be fine by the honeymoon.

Good luck with you procedure.

Old 05-31-2003, 05:33 PM   #6

Precious1333 HB User
Wink

Hello,
This is some great info on this Post! Not knowing what to expect is nerve wracking! I am going in on this Monday (June 2nd) so I hope all goes well. I am SO nervous. I am such a wimp and I'm nervous about the recovery! Any other info is greatly appreciated! Good luck and health to all

Old 06-02-2003, 05:17 AM   #7

Precious1333 HB User
Hello,
I'm just wondering how your discharge and odor are going. How long has it been now and is it still present? Have you gotten your results back yet? Good luck with that and keep us posted!

Old 06-02-2003, 07:52 AM   #8
(female)

ginger77 HB User
Hi Precious,

In two days it will be two weeks since I had the LEEP procedure done. I still have some discharge and spotting, but it's starting to get much lighter. I'm hoping I can start wearing a really thin maxi pad, or even liner soon.

Good luck with your LEEP.

Old 06-03-2003, 03:27 PM   #9

Precious1333 HB User
Thanks! I had my LEEP about 15 hours ago and so far so good! I barely have any discharge (just some yellowy kind)...but I am due for my period today or tomorrow...I wonder how that will be. The doctor said that I didn't bleed during the procedure, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
I have a crazy question...Do you think I can go tanning? I know it sounds silly, but I am getting ready for our wedding (6 1/2 more weeks!!!). What do you think?
Thanks for everything and good luck with your health!

Old 06-03-2003, 10:00 PM   #10
(female)

ginger77 HB User
I have no idea about tanning. I don't see why not.

Old 10-17-2003, 11:11 PM   #11

EMR HB User
HI! Its good to find this website with others going thru similar problems (not that I want anyone to have gynelogical problems), you know what i mean. I just had a leep procedure done 10 days ago, & I was nervous. Fortunately it wasn't too bad. For the first couple of days afterwards it was fine, a bit sore, no discharge and no blood, but on the 3rd day i had light bleeding (which at first freaked me out), I was assuming the worse. Anyway, then I noticed off and on from the 3rd day to NOW this odory watery brown discharge...... Sometimes it smells, sometimes it doesn't. I will definitely mention it to the dr. when I see him in 2 wks. Did it eventually go way for you guys?? How long did it last? Hope you are all doing well.

Old 10-18-2003, 07:58 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
The type of discharge seems to vary a lot, but I really don't think it is supposed to have a bad odor. At first, I guess it could smell a little the way burning flesh smells. But, I would call the doc. Anytime anything down there smells, it's not a bad idea to call and ask.

The discharge seems to last anywhere from two to six weeks. Mine lasted about three weeks and I had some bleeding after my two-week follow-up.

Old 10-20-2003, 11:35 PM   #13

EMR HB User
Thanks for responding to the msg I wrote regarding discharge. Its been 2 wks (in 2 days that is) since my LEEP. I still have off and on discharge and a bit of bleeding, the bleeding is not heavy. There is still some odor but not as bad as it had been. I will see the dr. in a wk and I will ask him. I will feel better once he examines me to see if I'm healing ok. Seems like I've had the discharge problem for years, I hate this !! Makes me feel pretty insecure.

Old 10-20-2003, 11:40 PM   #14

EMR HB User
Has anyone had a leep recently? Mine was 2 wks ago. Just curious as to how you are healing? I'm doing better than I thought I would, just struggling w/the discharge & a bit of bleeding here and there. I will see him next wk. By then he can check to see how I'm healing and have my results. I always get nervous when I'm going to get any kind of results, especially medical ones. I wonder if odory discharge is normal, I would call him, but I'll be seeing him in a wk anyway. I hear that its to be expected (the odory discharge), but then i hear the dr. should be called if there is foul smelling discharge. I'm confused but I guess I'll find out more in a wk. Good luck to any of you who have had it or are about to get Leep done.

Old 11-18-2003, 12:58 PM   #15

msy2k2000 HB User
odor, yes

i had my leep on 11/13. there's been no pain and very light discharge, but i am having problems with this infernal ODOR! i've had BV (bacterial vaginosis) before and it smells exactly like that (like a fart - yikes!) it just started today. can you get bacterial infections from LEEPSs?

Closed Thread