It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 12:00 AM   #1
(female)

arcy HB User
Question cone biopsy and sex afterwards

Hi everyone,
I had a cervical cone biopsy on April 15th. I had a checkup 2 weeks later and she said to wait probably one more week before I have sex. It will be one month this Friday the 13th and I will be seeing my boyfriend the night before. Did anyone wait just the 4 weeks or a a few days short of the 4 weeks? I'm nervous that if we have sex I might have some bleeding or something and I don't want him to freak out. Did anyone have any bleeding or anything afterwards?

Thanks,
Arcy

Old 05-12-2005, 05:56 AM   #2
(female)

phaedrus HB User
Re: cone biopsy and sex afterwards

I haven't had my procedure yet, but I really recommend going strictly with the advice of your dr and your own instincts. Besides, you can still get creative and have fun without penetration (it may even be more fun than usual as it will be different from the usual), but it isn't worth taking the chance. And if you do end up bleeding, I think the last thing you should worry about is your boyfriend's reaction, infection would be the main concern (besides, I am sure that your boyfriend would be more worried about you than anything else).
The only thing I ever experienced was cervical erosion when I was pregnant (didn't know there was erosion). We had sex, and even in the dark I could see the blood. You should have seen it when the light went on...it looked like the texas chainsaw massacre. No pain whatsoever though, lots of uncomfortable tests though, but that was related to pregnancy. The only thing I can tell you is that you can lose a lot of blood from that area (not that you will every time I suppose - but it can happen, so I wouldn't risk anything). And the bummer was that I was due to get married (yep the day before I had the baby...long story), and because of the haemhorrage (sp?)
I couldn't have any fun on my wedding night (I was one of those women who can't get enough when I am pregnant, weird I know). So waiting sometimes really is the best thing to do. Sorry i babbled on for so long, I guess I am feeling chatty today...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 07:53 AM   #3
(female)

rainbow11 HB User
Re: cone biopsy and sex afterwards

I waited exactly a month to do anything after my cone. I would at least wait the same amount of time. I had one doctor (the one who did the cone) tell me to wait two, but my family doctor said that one month should be barely enough.

I would however suggest doing a few things after the month too though. Nothing that would go around that area should be dirty at all. And if you do have sex, if he ever grazes your cervix, don't let him in all the way. NO WAY. I never got an infection after the month, but me and my bf took a shower right before we did anything, every time. I do however know someone who waited the same amount of time and had a nasty infection because of sex.

Its really your call, but make sure you play everything safe. You do have an open wound up there, which isn't a place that you can just go and clean up. Good luck to ya whatever you choose.

Closed Thread