It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 07:27 AM   #1
(female)

Kellie1 HB User
Nabothian cysts, hypo to anechoic cystic structures?

I am a breast cancer survivor of 5 years. I was diagnosed at the age of 30. I have always had reproductive problems, i.e. endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, irregular menstrual periods, etc... About three to four months ago I was brought into the ER with a gallbladder attack that has lead to pancreatitis, the gallbladder will be removed next week. I was given a CT that showed a lytic lesion on my L5 and a 6mm nodule on my left lung. I was sent to an oncologist who has done bone scans and repeat CT's which show progressing ateclastis of the lungs and increased fluid in my pelvic cavity. They ordered a PET scan which showed and area of activity in my left lower pelvis. I was referred to a gyn-oncologist who tried to get an endometrial biopsy while I was on my period and it came back as hemmoragic(sp?) tissue. I did have a scope 3 years ago by a gynocologist that took care of me when I delivered my children. He took an endometrial biopsy that I was unaware of and never heard from him. The gyn-oncologist was able to link up to the hospital and find all biopsy reports and stated to me that I had abnormal cells back then and he was hoping to get a good tissue sample in the office but if he couldn't because of my period he would scedule a D and C. I had a pelvic ultrasound done yesterday and it states- within the cervix there are multiple hypo to anechoic structures likely nabothian cysts- right ovary measures 3.6x2.4x2.1 left-2.7x1.8x2.1. There is still free fluid in my pelvic cavity that has not changed after two courses of cipro. I am lost and concerned because this doctor wants me to schedule a hysterectomy. I have yet to hear about a d and c and I want to know should ALL cysts found on an ultrasound be closely looked at, especially someone with pain, irregular periods, painful intercourse and a history of early onset breast cancer? Could someone please share all or any insight you might have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread